Weather app on iPhone 5c not updating

Discussion in 'iPhone 5C' started by EverythingApple, Sep 22, 2013.

1. EverythingApple

EverythingApple Evangelist
    Gold

My wife's iPhone 5C stick weather app is not updating. I tried hard resetting but still the same. It shows 1pm on Saturday and raining on the local weather. On the added weather page, it's fine. I can see the activity indicator spinning but it's not updating.

On my iPhone 5, also on iOS 7, both are fine.

Any suggestions.

2. EverythingApple

EverythingApple Evangelist
    Gold

Now it's okay. It must be Yahoo!'s servers. They're always the culprit. lol

3. MattR

MattR Guest

I had the same problem with my iPad this morning as well as last week. Clearly there's an ongoing issue at Yahoo!.

4. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

Weather updates on my iPhone 5 are slow as well. Several hours behind at times. I tried the Refresh app thing, but it made no difference.

Sent using iCafe app

5. dmoskaluk

dmoskaluk Contributor
    Bronze

Pre iOS 7 I used the "Yahoo App" as my main source. ( lets pretend that Barbados weather really changes all that much :) .....delayed updates and 'stuck presentations' were fairly common.... with Yahoo being the source for the iOS 7 display, it does not surprise me that delays happen at times .

6. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

You keep rubbing in the Barbados life. Not fair! The weather there? I don't see too many hurrycanes hitting Barbados. Must be too far south. But I suppose y'all do get some rain. You wouldn't by any chance have an extra hammock?

Sent using iCafe app

7. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

Don't worry. His ass got knocked out of that hammock when that asteroid slammed into the Yucatan peninsula 65 million years ago. Probably made him spill his drink, too.

8. dmoskaluk

dmoskaluk Contributor
    Bronze

Getting any sympathy form anyone after my catastrophic hammock collapse a few months ago was very difficult.... However my Doc and I did share quite a few libations over the recovery period. Most embarrassing part was having to sit on an inflatable donut type thing for a 6 hr flight, to and from Canada back in Oct .... Of course those donuts are 'international orange' so hard to hide. The In-Charge flight attendant ( one of my old working days crew-members) joked ( thankfully in the galley) that she figured I had hemorrhoid :-( .... Leaving me only to answer with the old pilots joke about 95% of pilots having hemorrhoids........... the remaining 5% being "perfect ********" .... She did see the humour in that. ... Trust me, in the course of my life to date, not many have laughed or cried at myself more than me ....I counsel those in my footsteps .... Unlike the Infantry ....who believe in a creed of 'Follow Me' ..... I have always said " if I turn right - turn LEFT ! " and old adages like A / to young aircrew ..... DON'T GET MARRIED ON A LAYOVER - ..... B /..... BEWARE OF ANYONE WHO WISHES TO GET MARRIED BY 'ELVIS' IN A TACKY CHAPEL -IT DOES NOT BODE WELL !

I've been essentially saved from myself and have been in the absolute happiest of circumstance since I changed a lot of stuff.... It just took me quite a while to do that :)

Sent using iCafe app