Weather icon on home screen after v2.0.1.....

TonyTHT

Bronze
Feb 6, 2008
Cheshire, UK
.....now shows temp in Fahrenheit instead of Celsius ?!? Regardless of what your preference is when using the app.
Anyone else got this, or am I going crazy ?

T

lady_bugz22

Bronze
Jun 13, 2008
DFW, TX
.....now shows temp in Fahrenheit instead of Celsius ?!? Regardless of what your preference is when using the app.
Anyone else got this, or am I going crazy ?

T
Mine still showing Farenheit. So when you save it to F it reverts back to C?

TonyTHT

Bronze
Feb 6, 2008
Cheshire, UK
No, the temp on the weather icon on the home page is now showing 73 degrees, whereas before it was showing 23 degrees (which are the same temperature). Regardless of whether you set the temp within the app to be displayed in F or C ?!?

I've only noticed this after v2.0.1

T

iMerlin

Silver
Sep 20, 2007
Algonquin, IL
I wish the weather icon would show the actual temp, kinda like the calendar icon shows the actual day.
I also wish the little clock icon showed the correct time.
Sorry to segway, just thought I would throw it out there!

dcom

Zealot
Gold
Aug 7, 2007
Suwanee, GA
No, I agree, I mean how hard could it be ?

:laugh2:

T
I think the problem would be the potential for unreliable readings. With the calendar, it would always know what day it was, unless for some strange reason time stood still. With the weather, it would have to get an update from the net and that's not always available.

wildonrio

Gold
Jul 4, 2007
Provo, UT
I wish the weather icon would show the actual temp, kinda like the calendar icon shows the actual day.
That would require the phone to constantly access the Internet to update the temp, wasting battery. With the calendar, it only has to change once a day at midnight.

fsas06

Silver
Oct 15, 2007
Las Vegas
No, the temp on the weather icon on the home page is now showing 73 degrees, whereas before it was showing 23 degrees (which are the same temperature). Regardless of whether you set the temp within the app to be displayed in F or C ?!?

I've only noticed this after v2.0.1

T
are u talking about the icon ? the number 73 doent mean thats the temp in your area, its just showing u that...so u know its a waether icon lol
the icon on the home screen doesn't change with the real weather...it stays at 73

TonyTHT

Bronze
Feb 6, 2008
Cheshire, UK
No, I'm not saying the reading on the icon changes in relation to the actual temp (altho a display of the last reading would be nice !)

I'm saying that before v2.0.1, the icon on the homescreen showed '23' - now it shows '73'. I can't find anything in Settings that allows you to display the icon in Celsius or Farenheit. Not that I'm bothered, just thought it a bit odd.

T

We Beat U

Bronze
Mar 1, 2008

Why do you need the little clock to show the correct time? The actual time is shown at the very top of home page....at least, it is on mine.

Edit: I just noticed that my "Thanks" says 0. I used to have 2. I guess I lost them for some reason.

TonyTHT

Bronze
Feb 6, 2008
Cheshire, UK
You're not going to believe this...........

Got up this morning, woke up my phone - the weather icon on the home screen now shows '23' ! WTF !?!?!?!

I'm not crazy, it really happened. Honest !

Has anyone else seen the weather icon sow '73' ? Please, to preserve my sanity !:eek:

T

jlhollander

Bronze
Aug 17, 2007
Chicago, IL
sorry for beating a dead horse, but i have found the solution to this problem. Under settings, general, international, region format you had united kingdom instead of united states. I just tried it to be sure, and the icon changed, as Celsius is a standard over there. As is kilometers, in the google maps program and weeks starting on monday in the calendar. these were all switched and i could not figure out what was going on, so i went into the Apple store and they helped me fix it. so there, now you know.

Neo-Tech

Bronze
Oct 24, 2008
And for those who want a moving clock on the SpringBoard Icon, search for LiveClock in Cydia, and for live weather, you'll need find WeatherIcon, it's a different source so google should help.