Weather Icon won't convert with Summerboard

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

faub55

Nov 27, 2007
When I convert to new Themes user Summerboard and iSwitcher, all icons convert great we exception of the Weather icon. I've try different themes with same results.

Appreciate if anyone has any suggestions on how this can be resolved. Thanks so much.

meiphones_brill

Silver
Nov 16, 2007
It's because you have a non-us phone.

You just need to swap your Info.plist in the /Applications/Weather.app bundle to:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>CFBundleDevelopmentRegion</key>
<string>English</string>
<key>CFBundleExecutable</key>
<string>Weather</string>
<key>CFBundleIdentifier</key>
<string>com.apple.weather</string>
<key>CFBundleInfoDictionaryVersion</key>
<string>6.0</string>
<key>CFBundlePackageType</key>
<string>APPL</string>
<key>CFBundleSignature</key>
<string>?</string>
<key>CFBundleVersion</key>
<string>1.0</string>
<key>SBUsesNetwork</key>
<string>3</string>
</dict>
</plist>

- This is the same as the default plist with this:

<key>SBIconClass</key>
<string>SBWeatherApplicationIcon</string>

taken out.
tadaaaaaa.
(or you can swap the 23degree icon every time, but that's a pain in the whatsit)

faub55

Nov 27, 2007
WOW meiPhones_brill, you really know your stuff and you're going to hate my next question ... being relatively new at this stuff, I'm not quite sure where I need to go to make the changes you've recommended. Sorry about that and thanks for your patience.

meiphones_brill

Silver
Nov 16, 2007
no problem.
use winSCP on a pc or Fugu on a mac to:
1. Rename the file: /Applications/Weather.app/Info.plist to something else as a backup
2. Replace that file with the modified file above.

See if you can connect to the phone . The ip address is in settings.wifi

faub55

Nov 27, 2007
Hi MeiPhones_brill, setting the location to US didn't fix the problem and unfortunately, I'm, not techno sava enough to figure out how to use WINscp. Are there any other programs that can easily modify the .PLIST of the Weather Application files. I tried both iBricker and iPhonebrowser but neither seems to be able to modify this file.

I very much appreciate your help in responding to this thread. Many thanks from this Canadian.

meiphones_brill

Silver
Nov 16, 2007
Without modifying that property list or changing the 23 degree icon each time you want to change theme I don't know any other way am afraid.

The plist file that's in there will be in a binary format so you can't edit it with a text editor. You can replace it with the text xml version above though.

Have sent you a PM

faub55

Nov 27, 2007
MeiPhones_brill, finally figured out how to get WINscp loaded and working, copied in your script and "voila" Weather Icon is now converted to match theme.

You're the best ... thanks so much for guidance and patience.:laugh2:

meiphones_brill

Silver
Nov 16, 2007
MeiPhones_brill, finally figured out how to get WINscp loaded and working, copied in your script and "voila" Weather Icon is now converted to match theme.

You're the best ... thanks so much for guidance and patience.:laugh2:
Great news - glad it's sorted. The icon thing annoyed me too.

I've been working on a little dodge to change the weather icon automatically to match the weather by using the local feed from the BBC. Completely pointless of course - all you have to do is look at the sky. :eek:

Dec 14, 2007
One step further...

Great news - glad it's sorted. The icon thing annoyed me too.

I've been working on a little dodge to change the weather icon automatically to match the weather by using the local feed from the BBC. Completely pointless of course - all you have to do is look at the sky. :eek:
Hi, sorry for jumping in but I too followed your suggestion and it worked a treat :laugh2: thanks! However on my UK iPhone I also have the same problem with Stocks and iTunes, is there something similar to rectify these (I'd be happy to just delete them if I could !) thanks in advance.

meiphones_brill

Silver
Nov 16, 2007
Hi, sorry for jumping in but I too followed your suggestion and it worked a treat :laugh2: thanks! However on my UK iPhone I also have the same problem with Stocks and iTunes, is there something similar to rectify these (I'd be happy to just delete them if I could !) thanks in advance.
I think it may just be that the theme you're using has differently-named icons for those icons. The applications don't use the same icon-switching doofer as Weather.

If I remember tight these Icons switch in some themes OK.

To delete the icons - either risk using the iphone-trashing Customize, or ssh into /Applications and rename Stocks.app and MobileStore.app to something like Stocks.zap and MobileStore.zap

Dec 14, 2007
thanks

I think it may just be that the theme you're using has differently-named icons for those icons. The applications don't use the same icon-switching doofer as Weather.

If I remember tight these Icons switch in some themes OK.

To delete the icons - either risk using the iphone-trashing Customize, or ssh into /Applications and rename Stocks.app and MobileStore.app to something like Stocks.zap and MobileStore.zap
Thanks for that lightning speed reply ! I'm off to do some renaming :laugh2:

dushi64

Mar 29, 2008
Weather modifying!

Hi,
I installed Weather Icon Fix version 1.1-1 on my iPhone with Firmware 1.1.4.
The Weather icon is now changed indeed! How ever I can not modify Weather.app anymore. The "I" sign has disappeared. Can you help me out!
(I am using my iPhone in the Netherlands)

You can email me at dushi64@gmail.com

Etienne

It's because you have a non-us phone.

You just need to swap your Info.plist in the /Applications/Weather.app bundle to:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>CFBundleDevelopmentRegion</key>
<string>English</string>
<key>CFBundleExecutable</key>
<string>Weather</string>
<key>CFBundleIdentifier</key>
<string>com.apple.weather</string>
<key>CFBundleInfoDictionaryVersion</key>
<string>6.0</string>
<key>CFBundlePackageType</key>
<string>APPL</string>
<key>CFBundleSignature</key>
<string>?</string>
<key>CFBundleVersion</key>
<string>1.0</string>
<key>SBUsesNetwork</key>
<string>3</string>
</dict>
</plist>

- This is the same as the default plist with this:

<key>SBIconClass</key>
<string>SBWeatherApplicationIcon</string>

taken out.
tadaaaaaa.
(or you can swap the 23degree icon every time, but that's a pain in the whatsit)

oiver123

May 11, 2008
Without modifying that property list or changing the 23 degree icon each time you want to change theme I don't know any other way am afraid.

The plist file that's in there will be in a binary format so you can't edit it with a text editor. You can replace it with the text xml version above though.

Have sent you a PM

Hello.
I really feel like an idiot, but I've tried to follow these simple directions, but simply cannot figure out how to modify the info.plist file. Indeed, it's not editable via a text editor, then how? How do I past in the new info? I'm sorry if this is really basic basic stuff, but i've been known to take two hours to watch 60 minutes... thanks for the help