Weather Icon

Tug

Silver
Aug 4, 2008
Is there any way to change the default location on the weather icon from Cupertino CA to lets say where I live? I realize Apple is located there but it's a pain wanting to check the local weather and having to constantly change the default location in order to do so.

Thanks

miggs1310

Bronze
Jul 29, 2008
Is there any way to change the default location on the weather icon from Cupertino CA to lets say where I live? I realize Apple is located there but it's a pain wanting to check the local weather and having to constantly change the default location in order to do so.

Thanks
tap the little "i", you can add and delete locations from that menu. the one you enter first will become your default.

smknSRT8

Zealot
Gold
Oct 13, 2007
Its an easy fix. Open the weather application, Click the "i" in the lower right hand corner, delete any cities that you don't want and add the ones that you do, and you can move them around accordingly. I believe that the first city is going to be the default.

dcom

Zealot
Gold
Aug 7, 2007
Suwanee, GA
Just tap the "i" in the lower right, add your location, then delete Cupertino. The icon itself is generic, not location-specific.

Tug

Silver
Aug 4, 2008
tap the little "i", you can add and delete locations from that menu. the one you enter first will become your default.
Its an easy fix. Open the weather application, Click the "i" in the lower right hand corner, delete any cities that you don't want and add the ones that you do, and you can move them around accordingly. I believe that the first city is going to be the default.
Hot damn... it worked!

Thanks guys :)

smknSRT8

Zealot
Gold
Oct 13, 2007
Gotta love getting a qeustion answer by three different people in a matter of 5 minutes. Damn are we good!

Tug

Silver
Aug 4, 2008
Never a doubt in my mind :)

nobopyon

Bronze
Jul 11, 2008
Dallas, TX
Gotta love getting a qeustion answer by three different people in a matter of 5 minutes. Damn are we good!
LOL..
or should we say... "get back to work!" :pP

oops... i should tell that to myself.. :p

dcom

Zealot
Gold
Aug 7, 2007
Suwanee, GA
Actually, the default city will be the last one you looked at before you closed Weather. I have 3 and if I look at hte 3rd, then close it, the 3rd will be displayed when I bring it up again, even if I completely shut Weather down by holding the Home button for 8 seconds.