Weather Icons...

minivini

Bronze
Jul 6, 2007
I absolutely love my iPhone, but the weather icons are just silly! What exactly is that "sun dripping rain" thing? And the icon for what I assume is sleet?! It looks more like a landslide warning!

Ok, I'm through. I don't complain much, but I just had to whine about this somewhere!

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
I absolutely love my iPhone, but the weather icons are just silly! What exactly is that "sun dripping rain" thing? And the icon for what I assume is sleet?! It looks more like a landslide warning!

Ok, I'm through. I don't complain much, but I just had to whine about this somewhere!
I am a meteoroligist, the sun with the rain drops mean showers mixed with sun. Watch out for the RAINBOWS:cool:

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Apple should implement a rainbow icon. Our forecast for Tuesday.. rainbows!

BTW - The snow icon is named 'flurries.png' - I've seen it using SSH. Why flurries when that same icon shows up if a snowstorm is forecasted?

- John

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
I've always been confused by the raining sun as well, really makes me confused as what to expect. I like the wind ones as well. Then again, in Florida all I usually have is the Sun, the raining Sun, and then just Rain. Sigh. No snow.