Weather is not always correct

jwhcowan

Jul 5, 2007
Right now, for Pasadena, CA at 3:00pm Pacific Time I see 70 degrees and a moon on my iPhone. My other 5 weather locations are correct. I believe Yahoo.com is the feed for this Applet, but yahoo.com has the correct temp on its website - 89 degrees. I had this problem with Mammoth Lakes, CA last week and just deleted the location thinking that upstream reporting was off.

Little apps like stocks and weather on the home screen are obviously not to be relied upon, but this looks to be more like a bug than a bad feed?

Has anybody else seen this before? I did try deleting and re-adding the location, but that did not help.

Bluesy1

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
Southern CA
Right now, for Pasadena, CA at 3:00pm Pacific Time I see 70 degrees and a moon on my iPhone. My other 5 weather locations are correct. I believe Yahoo.com is the feed for this Applet, but yahoo.com has the correct temp on its website - 89 degrees. I had this problem with Mammoth Lakes, CA last week and just deleted the location thinking that upstream reporting was off.

Little apps like stocks and weather on the home screen are obviously not to be relied upon, but this looks to be more like a bug than a bad feed?

Has anybody else seen this before? I did try deleting and re-adding the location, but that did not help.

Yes I already posted about this a couple days ago. I'm not far from Pasadena and on SAturday it kept showing 63 degrees. I called Apple Care yesterday and reported the problem and mentioned lots of people having problems too. Less than an hour later my city's temp was accurate again (though Los Angeles is showing cloudly and 63 today which is inaccurate).

My suggestion is for people to use their complimentary support and call Apple to complain. If they get enough calls they may try to do a more systemic fix.