WeatherUnderground Updates For iOS 7

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Ledsteplin

Genius
Gold
Oct 29, 2013
Florence, AL
I've enjoyed WeatherUnderground for some time. The new update is a major improvement with a clean iOS 7 look and new features, including landscape mode and temp graph. This app includes weather radio. I get it for my area. But many areas don't get radio in weather radio apps, even though there are weather stations there. Anyone know why that is?

Sent on iPhone 5 using iCafe app

up10ad

Genius
Gold
Aug 1, 2007
Fruita , CO
up10ad.com
WU was originally a grass roots weather aggregator, and as such includes many Personal Weather Stations (PWS) that are run by hobbyists. Most are very well operated and some include a re-broadcast of the NOAA weather radio. As a WU member that runs a PWS , I have learned that WU can only provide weather radio that is re-broadcasted by members and volunteers. As indicated on their site "Weather Radio stations are powered by visitors like you. If you'd like to help the Weather Underground rebroadcast your local weather radio, please look at our Support Wiki for instructions".

Ledsteplin

Genius
Gold
Oct 29, 2013
Florence, AL
WU was originally a grass roots weather aggregator, and as such includes many Personal Weather Stations (PWS) that are run by hobbyists. Most are very well operated and some include a re-broadcast of the NOAA weather radio. As a WU member that runs a PWS , I have learned that WU can only provide weather radio that is re-broadcasted by members and volunteers. As indicated on their site "Weather Radio stations are powered by visitors like you. If you'd like to help the Weather Underground rebroadcast your local weather radio, please look at our Support Wiki for instructions".
Thanks for the info. I pick up 3 in North Alabama on WU. But my sister gets zip on her WU in Montgomery, AL. Where do I find the instructions? No links I know.

Ledsteplin

Genius
Gold
Oct 29, 2013
Florence, AL
I found it. Thanks again. I'll give the info to my sister.