Web App/Bookmark Icon

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
@chris, will you fix the icon that appears when you create a webapp or bookmark of eiC? The proper icon (eiC logo) shows up when you create one for the home page here, but a xenforo icon appears if you create one for the forum.

@Kadelic and I tried manually changing it through iFile, but it resets itself when you open the webapp. Editing the .plist didn't help. I also tried clearing a couple caches, but that didn't help, either. It always goes back to a xenforo icon. Rather than troubleshooting it further, I thought it would be easiest and best to just have you change the default icon that appears. I'm sure the eiC logo is what what most of the community here would prefer.

Thanks.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Here's a screenshot of the webapp icons in the bottom right corner. The home page has the correct icon, but the forum doesn't.

image.jpg

Kadelic

Genius
Gold
Jan 4, 2010
Dallas, TX
@chris, will you fix the icon that appears when you create a webapp of eiC? The proper icon (eiC logo) shows up when you create one for the home page here, but a xenforo icon appears if you create one for the forum.

@Kadelic and I tried manually changing it through iFile, but it resets itself when you open the webapp. Editing the .plist didn't help. I also tried clearing a couple caches, but that didn't help, either. It always goes back to a xenforo icon. Rather than troubleshooting it further, I thought it would be easiest and best to just have you change the default icon that appears. I'm sure the eiC logo is what what most of the community here would prefer.

Thanks.
It would be cool to have a web shortcut to the forum that resembled the eiC app icon. I've been struggling with the transition from the old app (which was close to perfect IMO) and the new app (which I'd rather just use Tapatalk instead of because you can edit the order of tabs.) No matter how I access the site it's more about the content and the members than the browsing experience. I just wish I wasn't so picky to want it all and all of the time. :unsure:

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
I know how to fix it, that's if Chris wants it fixed? The homepage of eiC will have a different root directory to that of the forum area, in the root folder certain files need to be created with specific names e.g
Code:
apple-touch-icon.png
As the webapp isn't pulling html it's going to fall back onto the first thing it can and it will look directly into the root folder (on Mobile Safari for iOS). Chris will already have the neccessry icons as they're working for the main part of the site.

Hopefully @chris can sort it :)

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Any update on this, @chris?

I've been checking it weekly and this forum still has a xenForo logo instead of an eiC logo on bookmarks and wep apps.

image.jpg

image.jpg