Web apps. Are you kidding me?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

bepmail

Jul 10, 2007
Utah
Are they serious with this. Is the phone that unstable? I would pay you $1000 bucks right this second to have real apps. Not these horribly made, slow, non accessible without a network, web apps. I beg of you. Please. PLEASE don't have it go this way.

I love Apple, but this is an awful idea. Like, are these guys even consumers of cell phones?

I mean, I can live without you finishing the iCal app (no tasks...were they just up too late and forgot this?) and notes that are unsyncable (unthinkable), but I don't want crappy apps.

Thanks.

Doc Holiday

Bronze
Jul 10, 2007
Las Vegas
Are they serious with this. Is the phone that unstable? I would pay you $1000 bucks right this second to have real apps. Not these horribly made, slow, non accessible without a network, web apps. I beg of you. Please. PLEASE don't have it go this way.

I love Apple, but this is an awful idea. Like, are these guys even consumers of cell phones?

I mean, I can live without you finishing the iCal app (no tasks...were they just up too late and forgot this?) and notes that are unsyncable (unthinkable), but I don't want crappy apps.

Thanks.
I'm glad to know I'll be able to make some money when my apps go on sale! It'll be really crappy and just because it's an iPhone app people will buy it. I'll make millions!

Kidding aside, would you really pay $1000 for a "non-web app" right now? What if it was crappy but you didn't know it was crappy until you already paid for it? Web apps have their place, but the are what they are and I'm not talking about web pages with links on them being called web apps either. iChess and Telekinetic are good examples of what can be done and they are free. Who do expect to spend the time and effort to create something useful and cool without being able to make money of it? Only a dedicated few, that's why there's not much out there.

Don't worry the applications will come and you'll be able to sync your notes and tasks, play custom ringtones, play tetris, suduko, whatever... Just look for my app and just for you I'll let you be the first one to have it for $1000, it'll be worth every penny!

iLawyer

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
Jersey

Thanks.
I couldn't agree more.