Web Apps Now Available at Apple

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

geordisjd

Zealot
Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
Even this Mac-Addicted-Pro-Apple girl practically fell asleep reading the list of the apps available. I already had the ones I wanted, and the others...:(

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
Until these web apps are available offline in some sort of way they're still piss poor when it comes to actually using them in a pinch over EDGE.

akophone

Bronze
Aug 1, 2007
It is quite frustrating loading a web app, especially via Edge... not to mention the requirements just to "launch" these apps.
I also prefer icons over bookmarks. I got tired searching for what I even want to try. But the fact that Apple made this live will make thousands of iPhone/IPT users happy for sure....

exilio

Oct 4, 2007
eh, facebook and itext (?) or whatever the ebooks app is called are ok. everything else is kind of a joke.
Agreed. Although the Lingua app looks nice. WTF is Apple smoking -- let 3rd party devs have an SDK and lets get rolling with some WebApps. It's like Steve Jobs didn't learn from not licensing the Mac OS.

Pharaoh

Bronze
Sep 7, 2007
this is awesome that they did this, but not awesome that they cant be put right on the phone and most used without having to be on the browser. they should make an installer like we have, and have their list on there to download their programs