Web apps on the Apple site.

tyoung

Bronze
Nov 1, 2007
So Cal
Just a week and a half to go, and iWill have my iPhone :D. I was wondering about the web apps on the Apple site. Can you actually download those to the phone, or are they just links you can go to from the phone? Looks like there are a lot of usefull ones in there.

iPaul

Bronze
Jun 25, 2007
Minneapolis
Just a week and a half to go, and iWill have my iPhone :D. I was wondering about the web apps on the Apple site. Can you actually download those to the phone, or are they just links you can go to from the phone? Looks like there are a lot of usefull ones in there.
They are just links to a website that allows your iPhone to interact with applications stored on another server. "Webapps" require a stable internet connection and any information you enter into them will be stored on someone elses' server. IMO they have very limited usefulness. Most iPhone owners that really want to explore expanded functionality install "native apps" which requires a modification process that Apple does not support but is fairly safe to perform. You can find information about that process by searching for "jailbreak" on this site.

tyoung

Bronze
Nov 1, 2007
So Cal
Thanks. That's what I figured but I wasn't sure. I will definitely look into jailbreaking after i get my phone.