Web Browser

swimtorg

Dec 7, 2008
I enjoy the current web browser on the phone, but there are certian websites that you can new view as well as an example, but online college website is having problems. Any suggestions

showguy

Silver
Dec 2, 2007
Long Island, NY
Keep in mind that although it is a great web browser for a phone, it is still a phone. And by the way it can not read "flash" sites which a large amount of web pages are built on.

swimtorg

Dec 7, 2008
I understand that it is still a phone, but it is smart phone which should be able to view those types of websites. Do you know of any other browser you can download for this phone

eloi

Sep 17, 2008
Southern California
I've installed "myFox", a port of FireFox to the iPhone. It's very similar to Safari and it's been pretty much as capable or incapable as Safari has at displaying pages. It also does not support flash. You have to be jailbroken to use it.

However showguy is completely correct about reminding you that you're using a phone's web browser. You can say it "should" be just as able to render web sites like a computer all you want, but that doesn't mean it can. The iPhone has the best browser I've seen on any phone, but it's still just a phone with a phone's cpu and limitations.

/e