WebApps

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

jagxk

Bronze
Aug 5, 2007
Dunwoody, Georgia
Has anyone used any of the new WebApps? I have been impressed with Pickleview, Fumbleview, and U Fumble in following the World Series, NFL and College games. Sure would like to see an Icon/ Widget Directory so we could use the Apps that way rather than bookmarks.

runcmd

Bronze
Aug 6, 2007
Rabun Gap, GA
bookmarks

I find a webapp that I like ... then tomorrow I find another, and another.
My bookmarks are a mess ... I am not going search through them - when something else cool is always coming out. I tend to use the bookmarks feature as more of a scratch list of interesting stuff that I plan to get back to but (mostly) never do. It's my nature.

What I'd like to see is either a small links bar ... like live bookmarks in Firefox added to (the always visible) Safari chrome - so I can have a picklist of top favorite webapps. I do seem to manage that list well.

OR, since Apple implemented the multi-page aware home screen - perhaps a page flip left for icons representing favorited webapps/widgets - a page flip right for 3rd party apps ( after Apple has their way with them ) - a page flip down for games - and a page flilp up for whatever category is left over.

Indy

Zealot
Gold
Jul 29, 2007
I find a webapp that I like ... then tomorrow I find another, and another.
My bookmarks are a mess ... I am not going search through them - when something else cool is always coming out. I tend to use the bookmarks feature as more of a scratch list of interesting stuff that I plan to get back to but (mostly) never do. It's my nature.

What I'd like to see is either a small links bar ... like live bookmarks in Firefox added to (the always visible) Safari chrome - so I can have a picklist of top favorite webapps. I do seem to manage that list well.

OR, since Apple implemented the multi-page aware home screen - perhaps a page flip left for icons representing favorited webapps/widgets - a page flip right for 3rd party apps ( after Apple has their way with them ) - a page flip down for games - and a page flilp up for whatever category is left over.
That sounds like a cool idea!;)