Webclip Creating Sites

insocal

Bronze
Jun 25, 2007
Wondering if it is dangerous to use those sites? hsicon.com or webclip.us ? If you upload the image to them and put in the URL, they create a webclip for you when you access their site on your iPhone. I think it is basically a redirect. Is this a risky thing for the user?
Thanks so much for the advice!

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
Wondering if it is dangerous to use those sites? hsicon.com or webclip.us ? If you upload the image to them and put in the URL, they create a webclip for you when you access their site on your iPhone. I think it is basically a redirect. Is this a risky thing for the user?

I looked at the webclip.us and the process. I don't know, I don't like uploading the image from my drive, then the clip number thing on the iPhone?

Hopefully some one here can look at this as well?

It free and to good to be true?:eek:

Jul 6, 2007
Marietta, GA
about.me
clipalizer.com is another one and macrumors.com even suggests it.

jjvaldez

Gold
Jul 3, 2007
Salinas, Ca
well im using webclips.us and im using this for my wells fargo clip...

this is the code
2c3e4a2

enjoy

oh this is what it looks like BTW.. .look better on iPhone

if anyone has better icons .. please share codes!

TomRS

Bronze
Jan 19, 2008
More Icons

if anyone has better icons .. please share codes![/quote]

Here are all the icons I have made so far. Hope this helps those who are starting:

I'll post the others next. They only allow 6 at a time.

I love this feature and I don't use the sites. I just don't like the idea of having them be in control of my files. If the site goes down then what? Then I'm stuck again just like when the ring tones went down. There was a previous post that described how to do it yourself. I suggest that method. Good luck all. I will post more when I make more.

TomRS

Bronze
Jan 19, 2008
Glad they help! Here's one more that I made. It's a bit larger, but it will still work, you'll just need to make it 57 px by 57 px and then save it to your web page.

insocal

Bronze
Jun 25, 2007
well im using webclips.us and im using this for my wells fargo clip...

this is the code
2c3e4a2

enjoy

oh this is what it looks like BTW.. .look better on iPhone

if anyone has better icons .. please share codes!
Darn! Looks like you can only use the code once and I was looking for a Wells Fargo icon. They must have quite the icon library on their site. Wish they'd make that public, that'd be awesome!

insocal

Bronze
Jun 25, 2007
just take the wells fargo one that i made and upload that and then punch in the code..
Did it! Thank you so much!

i'm gonna send an e-mail to Wells Fargo asking them to add one. I think if we did that for every site we want one for, it might speed things up. Just send the great directions posted by Apple.

Jan 22, 2008
Hello,

My friend and I both run http://webclip.us and there is no risk on the user's end. We've gotten emails with concerns about us tracking the traffic, we both assure you there is no tracking at all. It is simply a service for you to customize your iPhone the way you want.

Thanks for using the service. Be sure to check back soon, we're adding some new features.

Thanks,
Alex & Kyle