Webclips

kakofonix

Silver
Oct 2, 2007
I got tired of using screenshots for icons on my iPhone, so I created a few and uploaded to redirect through webclip. They look quite good on the iPhone, even if I do say so myself. More coming...

kakofonix

Silver
Oct 2, 2007

That's all folks! For now...:)

Last edited by a moderator:

deac

Bronze
Jun 29, 2007
This is grand information. And to clarify since I almost did not pursue this, it works fine for regular ole standard phones -- this is not for the jailbreak mods etc. Often I don't even pursue these things thinking they require mods.

Also it does work on Macs I can confirm as some of these helpful items are for one platform or the other -- it would be helpful if folks made it clear when posting.

I love this and will help. I was also able to open one of them in photoshop and modify for my own needs which is great. kako, could you post some tips as to the way to do this in PSD for our own , like what size file must be and what size font to use and other tips. I was able to take a large photo and resize it to the tiny size and it looked fine.

Thanks again in advance.

Spikefood

Bronze
Oct 3, 2007
Thanks for all the webclips. Some of the sites I go to so this will help.

firefighterjmar

Bronze
Jul 20, 2007
myspace clip

Thanks for all the webclips. Some of the sites I go to so this will help.
can someone make a myspace webclip? i tried, but mine doesn't come out right for some reason. thanks in advance.

kakofonix

Silver
Oct 2, 2007
This is grand information. And to clarify since I almost did not pursue this, it works fine for regular ole standard phones -- this is not for the jailbreak mods etc. Often I don't even pursue these things thinking they require mods.

Also it does work on Macs I can confirm as some of these helpful items are for one platform or the other -- it would be helpful if folks made it clear when posting.

I love this and will help. I was also able to open one of them in photoshop and modify for my own needs which is great. kako, could you post some tips as to the way to do this in PSD for our own , like what size file must be and what size font to use and other tips. I was able to take a large photo and resize it to the tiny size and it looked fine.

Thanks again in advance.
You are right - these webclips can be used on stock iPhones - all you need is the 1.1.3 update. My familiarity with Photoshop is very limited. I use no-frills Irfanview (Windows platform only, unfortunately) to crop and resize the images (mostly pulled from Google Image). I guess the tip I can offer generally is that you should resize the image to 57 x 57 pixels. Make sure you uncheck "Preserve aspect ratio" (or words to that effect) so that you'll get the dimensions exactly. Also you might want to save your final image in the PNG format for loseless compression.

Hope that helps.

24trepid

Silver
Jan 13, 2008
Florida
Looking for a webclip for mobile9.com and howardforums.com
Thanks.

deac

Bronze
Jun 29, 2007
You are right - these webclips can be used on stock iPhones - all you need is the 1.1.3 update. My familiarity with Photoshop is very limited. I use no-frills Irfanview (Windows platform only, unfortunately) to crop and resize the images (mostly pulled from Google Image). I guess the tip I can offer generally is that you should resize the image to 57 x 57 pixels. Make sure you uncheck "Preserve aspect ratio" (or words to that effect) so that you'll get the dimensions exactly. Also you might want to save your final image in the PNG format for loseless compression.

Hope that helps.
Thanks, I've made a few in Photoshop for my specific needs. Wonder if it has to be .png or if .jpg works just as well.

Here's one of general interest I made -- just want to see if it looks OK on here.

deac

Bronze
Jun 29, 2007
Looking for a webclip for mobile9.com and howardforums.com
Thanks.
here ya go, just trying this out ........hmmmmmmm.... resolution not too good cause text so small I guess?........ Howards was tough since so long, not sure if small narrow ones work, will have to try.

deac

Bronze
Jun 29, 2007
trying new versions. nope, no better, sorry..... back to drawing board :)

deac

Bronze
Jun 29, 2007
trying to upload icons to webclip site this morning and it is not working for me? I get an error when I click the upload button after entering the information.... is it down?