Weekly Photo Contest June 11th - 17th

Kadelic

Genius
Gold
It was a non contest last week as I won by default for being the only entry. This week there is no excuse for not participating because the theme involves something everybody does multiple times a day. That's right folks, this weeks theme is FOOD! At some point this week, either before or during a meal or snack, snap a photo of whatever it is you are chowing down on. Use any iDevice with any filter or app treatment you wish. It doesn't have to be pretty or artistic, it just has to be edible!

In order to drive participation even further, I'm going to carry over Snowtrooper's prize from last week and match it. That means there are TWO App Store apps of choice (up to $5 value each) up for grabs! First and second place will each receive a prize while first place will go on to post next weeks contest.

Remember, only one photo entry per contestant.

To encourage international participation, I will stand behind my offer from last week to mail US Postal International money order for winner in UK, or any other country that could be used....

If Dave doesn't win this it'll be because he didn't try. Dude should be a professional food photographer, somebody just has to persuade him to give up his day job. :)

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Half way through my meal I realized that this would've been the perfect entry, unfortunately the plate was a bit dirty already but here it is. Tried to make it presentable with some filters and editing.
Pasta with squid ink and squid. Right around $50 bucks in a good Italian restaurant, besides the mess, it's the most delicious pasta dish ever, and spicy.

Attachments

Thanks to everyone that participated this week, it's nice to see a little more competition served up.

First place:

Nice color and presentation imutter! PM me your email and app of choice and I'll send it your way. Also, you choose the theme and start the next contest thread.

Second place: Since snowtrooper1966 is gifting the prize, I'm going to let him choose the second place winner.

Honorable mention this week goes to Bennyboy for totally grossing me out! ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Man, I can't believe you declared a winner before the 17th has ended. It's still 34 minutes before midnight here in Alaska. And I had the killer entry too.

Man, I can't believe you declared a winner before the 17th has ended. It's still 34 minutes before midnight here in Alaska. And I had the killer entry too.
I posted the winner almost an hour after midnight in my (CST) time zone. Next time I'll wait until the rest of the world rotates into the same day but I can't really change my pick now. Apologies.