Weekly Photo Contest: May 21 - May 27 Poetry In Motion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kadelic

Genius
Gold
Obviously a still photograph is just that, still. It is possible, however, for a still photo to capture the essense of motion either of its subject or of the photographer his or herself.

Your task this week, should you choose to accept it, is to submit a photo that artistically conveys a sense of motion. The contest is open to cameras on iDevices only. Any and all editing or enhancing is to be done only on the device itself with any app you see fit.

This week the winner will receive either an App Store app or Cydia tweak of their choice of up to $5. For non US residents, perhaps we can work something else out. Be creative and most of all have fun!

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
I like the challenge.
I hope to find a marathon near by lol

I can't seem to get Thomas Dolby out of my mind when I see this weeks theme. One line out of the song She Blinded Me With Science...
It's poetry in motion ....
Now I hope it's stuck in your heads as well. :D

Ok - I will go first -This was taken as a video and paused to capture the screen for the image. Not sure if that's cheating or not.

Zoey.jpg

owieh

Contributor
Bronze
Ok - I will go first -This was taken as a video and paused to capture the screen for the image. Not sure if that's cheating or not.
That's it now, you've just given us ideas. Hehehe! Love how the dog looks like it is flying. :)

Kadelic

Genius
Gold
It's not cheating. In fact, I thought about suggesting your technique in my OP but figured someone would use it on their own. ;)

Amazing. And well done.
Didn't even think about trying until most of the storm was gone :(
Forgot I had that SlowShutter app. Gotta figure out some kind if tripod for the phone... Thanks for the kudos.

All right y'all, only a few hours left to get your entries in for the contest! I'm going to bed (I keep odd hours due to my work schedule) and I'll be choosing the winner when I wake up later tonight.

And the winning entry goes to...Bennyboy!

winner.jpg

With only three entries to choose from it was still difficult to choose the winner this week. I felt Benny's pic most artistically captured the essense of the theme with the blurring of the trees and power lines combined with the classic diminishing perspective element. I can almost feel the G-forces as if I'm riding shotgun (white knuckles and all ;)) as we barrel down that country road. Benny, PM me your email and your choice of prize.

Thanks to Michael and RoofMonkey for their participation, and to RoofMonkey for turning me on to the Slow Shutter app.

Alright Bennyboy, you know the drill, take us to the next contest!

Status
Not open for further replies.