Weird 3.1 beta2 bug!

bluedrib

Bronze
Nov 27, 2007
The Boot "Louisiana"
So i literally just finished updating to 3.1 beta2 on my 3GS and i back up after and my icons are missing and i turn the screen off then on again and there were only 3 rows.....crazy huh?!?!?! Has this happened to anyone else? Here are some pics to help....

iphun

Zealot
Gold
Mar 16, 2009
PA
never had a chance to read all post, feel free to use my pics to explain to Apple, im a dev but wont be near a comp tomorrow.
That's fine, it happened to you so you know how this bug affects the phone. My post was a little confusing anyway, the pics help explain it better to everyone. I am going to try to replicate it before I submit a bug report to Apple since they will want extensive details about it, but if I get it to happen again and still can't take screen shots I will definitely use yours, thanks :)

stevetim

Silver
Jul 20, 2007
I wish the phone would LET you do this when you wanted to. Like organizing the icons like you can your computer's desktop and move the icons where ever the hell you want.

iphun

Zealot
Gold
Mar 16, 2009
PA
I wish the phone would LET you do this when you wanted to. Like organizing the icons like you can your computer's desktop and move the icons where ever the hell you want.
The weird thing was that the way they minimized behind the dock was almost like it was intentional and not a bug. So maybe there is something else they are planning where we can hide them all. But they kept getting deeper behind the dock(2nd picture above), then not visible at all, and ending up like bluedribs first picture where the bottom row wasn't visible.

cdelauz

Bronze
Jul 13, 2008
I updated peferct, no isues what so ever....So far so good.

Watcher

Zealot
Gold
Mar 29, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
The weird thing was that the way they minimized behind the dock was almost like it was intentional and not a bug. So maybe there is something else they are planning where we can hide them all. But they kept getting deeper behind the dock(2nd picture above), then not visible at all, and ending up like bluedribs first picture where the bottom row wasn't visible.
Can you scroll up or down when this happens? That's the only way I can see it being intentional.

iphun

Zealot
Gold
Mar 16, 2009
PA
Can you scroll up or down when this happens? That's the only way I can see it being intentional.
No I couldn't and it is definitely a bug. I just meant that it was odd how smoothly it minimized behind the dock.

iphun

Zealot
Gold
Mar 16, 2009
PA
It happened again, errr :( I hope this is a short beta and this gets addressed very soon with beta 3, it is getting annoying. And once again I couldn't take a screenshot, but now I realize for some reason my phone won't take them if I tap home and sleep/wake at the same time. I have to hold home then tap the sleep/ wake button. Too bad I don't have another 3GS to record how they minimize behind the dock.

Kuntry

Bronze
Mar 26, 2009
Las Vegas
Not quite the same but weird none the less. I was playing that Slugger game on my 3GS and i clicked the home button and it went back to the springboard then I clicked the sleep button and the phone froze.

....It gives the dock that "Digital Camo" look ;) But it rendered the phone useless until a hard reset. I haven't been successful in reproducing it. My battery was at 16% and I quit the game to plug it in and this happened.

Last edited by a moderator: