Weird battery issues

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Oct 13, 2007
The other day I had unbelievable battery life and did not even need to charge it. Last night I fully charged the phone and today while at work I noticed the battery power has depleted by almost HALF and I have made no phone calls or anything. I checked my services application and WiFi and SSH were turned off. I do notice I have no service where I am. Is it related to this? Is it trying to find service and killing itself? Any ideas appreciated!

petalmom

Silver
Jun 30, 2007
The other day I had unbelievable battery life and did not even need to charge it. Last night I fully charged the phone and today while at work I noticed the battery power has depleted by almost HALF and I have made no phone calls or anything. I checked my services application and WiFi and SSH were turned off. I do notice I have no service where I am. Is it related to this? Is it trying to find service and killing itself? Any ideas appreciated!
It's been my experience that if the phone is constantly searching for a signal it will run the battery down rather quickly. I have no signal in my office either so I switch it into airplane mode.

SweepeR

Bronze
Oct 1, 2007
It's been my experience that if the phone is constantly searching for a signal it will run the battery down rather quickly. I have no signal in my office either so I switch it into airplane mode.
i have the same issue. for example, i use my iPhone all day then for ipod music at the gym its perfectly fine iwth half a battery life left. then today for example, i use the iPhone for the ipod feature and surf and the battery wetn from 3/4th lenght down to RED within 5 minutes. i don't get why. keep in mind it gets charged about 8 hrs evrey nite.

Oct 13, 2007
Thanks sounds like a good idea with airplane mode. I will try this tomorrow to see if it fixes things.

Oct 22, 2007
Last week, my battery started flaking out on me. My phone would drop down to about half, then very quickly, would wind up in the red.

It seems to take awhile to go from full to half, several hours longer than from half to red.

I took my phone in to one of the local Apple stores, and they swapped it out for another phone.

I thought it was all fixed, but I still have the same problem!

I bought my original iPhone on release day, so it's not like the phone was new. This phone they swapped out for me could be new, or it could be a refurbished one. No clue there.

I can't help wondering if this has something to do with the last update to the firmware. Even stranger is that my son has one, and he's not having this problem.

We live in the same house and share the same computer and charger.

Odd, eh?

I'm starting to get seriously annoyed.

I have switched off the autocheck for new e-mail, and have turned the brightness all the way down on the phone. I haven't tried switching into airplane mode to see if the battery will last longer, because honestly? I wasn't having this problem before, and I still work in the same place, and I do have reception there.

I'm frankly at a loss. What on earth could be causing this?

:eek:

petalmom

Silver
Jun 30, 2007
About once a month or so I'll let the phone run completely dead to the point where it turns itself off. I'll then let it charge fully overnight. It seems to get the battery and battery meter back in "sync". It may be worth trying.

SweepeR

Bronze
Oct 1, 2007
Last week, my battery started flaking out on me. My phone would drop down to about half, then very quickly, would wind up in the red.

It seems to take awhile to go from full to half, several hours longer than from half to red.

I took my phone in to one of the local Apple stores, and they swapped it out for another phone.

I thought it was all fixed, but I still have the same problem!

I bought my original iPhone on release day, so it's not like the phone was new. This phone they swapped out for me could be new, or it could be a refurbished one. No clue there.

I can't help wondering if this has something to do with the last update to the firmware. Even stranger is that my son has one, and he's not having this problem.

We live in the same house and share the same computer and charger.

Odd, eh?

I'm starting to get seriously annoyed.

I have switched off the autocheck for new e-mail, and have turned the brightness all the way down on the phone. I haven't tried switching into airplane mode to see if the battery will last longer, because honestly? I wasn't having this problem before, and I still work in the same place, and I do have reception there.

I'm frankly at a loss. What on earth could be causing this?

:eek:
def not the 1.1.1 because mine was a 1.0.2 when i encoutered this problem but i jsut updated to 1.1.1 a few hrs ago although im having some seroius issues with it (the jailbreaking that is)