Weird behavior after return - please help

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

gmaniax

Jul 1, 2007
[FONT='Calibri','sans-serif'][FONT='Calibri','sans-serif'] Hi All

Encountering some strange behavior with my iPhone and wanted to see if anyone has experienced this.... just got my iPhone back after having to send in for service, due to touchscreen hardware failure. they had my iPhone for 5 days... if I didn't have my ATT treo, i'd have been screwed. Touch screen now working (pretty sure they just gave me another phone)and i upgraded firmware to v 1.0.2 right after I got it home.

Starting a couple days ago i noticed am getting a lot of missed calls (even when I am holding the phone, no ring, no vibrate, just missed call) SMS's are showing up as late as 18-24 hours later, and the time is not staying updated.. at least once every couple days, the time will not be correct and will require a reboot to correct... i don't know what is going on.. but I'm getting more disillusioned with the iPhone every day.

has anyone seen this behavior before?

thx [/FONT]
[/FONT]

Redfor

Bronze
Jul 31, 2007
Fort Knox, KY area
Go into set up and check your e-mail settings, make sure its not checking for e-mail every 5 min or something. Anytime the phone is checking data ( like e-mail ) you cannot receive calls, the calls wil goto voicemail. Thats the reason I keep all my e-mail options on check manually ( Checks for e-mail when you go into whatever e-mail ).
Not saying that's your problem, but could be a strong possibility.

gmaniax

Jul 1, 2007
weird behavior

thnks for the suggestions.... i did all the restore and reset stuff before i posted, andthe email is actually set to check manually.. but that was a good idea to check for that

any other thoughts... i've also realized that the time gets worse out of sync while the day goes on... like now it is showing 830 am on the phone when it is really 904... and this will get worse

this sucks!

Redfor

Bronze
Jul 31, 2007
Fort Knox, KY area
For the time goto Settings/General/Date&Time, then Set Automaticly should be set to On. What this will do is pull the time from the towers, and should update the iPhone Anytime you access the towers. Only other occurrence Ive ever heard of people having problems with phones keeping times is when options like this are off, or they live right next to a time zone, but doubt thats the case since the time is off by 30 min and not a hour. So deffinately check to see if the Set Auto is on. Hopefully its off and this will solve your problem.

Oh.. had to edit, but as a word of advice, might be a good idea to power cycle the phone every 3-4 days.. Afterall if you were up for a week straight you would do weird things too!