weird bookmarks on home screen can't get rid of them.

blarghonk

Bronze
Apr 22, 2009
Hey everyone, having a bit of trouble with my iPhone. Every once in a while, I get these bookmarks that show up on my home screen. they're totally blank, and you wouldn't even be able to tell they're there, but when I go to move apps around i see these 4 x's with nothing next to them. I'd post a picture but i don't know how lmao. the bookmarks take me to this webpage with nothing on it whatsoever. I thought about restoring, but it seems that when I sync everything, they'll probably just pop back onto my phone. Also, if I delete them, roughly 48 hours later they reappear. Has anyone else dealt with this/have any advice?

blarghonk

Bronze
Apr 22, 2009
stockey stock. has been jailbroken before though. for a few days in February.

blarghonk

Bronze
Apr 22, 2009
i hate to bump this.... but its driving me crazy.

shutter13

Evangelist
Gold
Jan 8, 2009
Hey everyone, having a bit of trouble with my iPhone. Every once in a while, I get these bookmarks that show up on my home screen. they're totally blank, and you wouldn't even be able to tell they're there, but when I go to move apps around i see these 4 x's with nothing next to them. I'd post a picture but i don't know how lmao. the bookmarks take me to this webpage with nothing on it whatsoever. I thought about restoring, but it seems that when I sync everything, they'll probably just pop back onto my phone. Also, if I delete them, roughly 48 hours later they reappear. Has anyone else dealt with this/have any advice?
Probably a real pain, but restore and set up as new, don't use a back up.

blarghonk

Bronze
Apr 22, 2009
before i do that, and only b/c i can't find anything on google (i can only find stuff for the ipod), i can still move my contacts back over to my iPhone once i restore correct? I'm also wondering if, when i re-sync, it'll pop those bookmarks back on there.

shutter13

Evangelist
Gold
Jan 8, 2009
Hmmm, I am thinking these are blank icons from your previous jailbreak. I do not know why you would be getting them back after deleting though. At any rate, yes you can sync your contacts back, you will just set it up like you did when you first got it.

blarghonk

Bronze
Apr 22, 2009
alright i'll give it a shot. There are honestly a lot of numbers that I should get rid of anyway.

Thanks for your help shutter :) here's hoping it works.