Weird error message after dropping iPhone in water

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by L'épine Dorsale Du Diable, Oct 21, 2011.

1. L'épine Dorsale Du Diable

So I dropped my iPhone in water maybe 3 months ago I bought a new one and thought this old one would never work again.... it started working but now it won't let me get past the lock screen it says "slide for emergency" and only goes to where I can make an emergency call and when I plug it in it say "error could not connect to your iPhone due to a password go to your iPhone and type in the password and retry. Well I can't type in a passcode anywhere and I have no way of resetting the phone cause I can't get it to iTunes and I can't actually get into the phone.... HELP!

2. VOLS34

VOLS34 Zealot
    Gold

If you got a new phone with the same number then the sim in the old one is disabled. Also you did drop it in water & just because it comes on doesn't mean it will function properly.

3. acosmichippo

acosmichippo Genius
    Platinum

she won't be able to make calls, but she should still be able to use everything else. sounds like either it's still semi-broken or just needs a restore in iTunes.

Are you saying iTunes doesn't recognize it when you plug it into your computer?

4. canamera

canamera Zealot
    Gold

Get yourself a LifeProof case...You'll never worry about water, or dropping it again.

5. fijiman

fijiman Contributor
    Silver

Connect iPhone to iTunes.....regardless if sim is active or not, iTunes should recognize it and activate iPhone...