Weird icon on homescreen?

pootermoney

Bronze
Aug 25, 2007
i added the application Mobile Chat v1.0b1 to my phone from ibrickr and i noticed it sucked so i removed it.then i got a weird icon on my homescreen which i couldnt get rid of..it was like a pencil and somethin else idk and it didn't have a program name under it..so i had to reload the chat and then hide the icon for it to go away..any reasons why?

pooh

Sep 3, 2007
Baton Rouge, La.
i added the application Mobile Chat v1.0b1 to my phone from ibrickr and i noticed it sucked so i removed it.then i got a weird icon on my homescreen which i couldnt get rid of..it was like a pencil and somethin else idk and it didn't have a program name under it..so i had to reload the chat and then hide the icon for it to go away..any reasons why?
i actually saw the same icon and just to be on the safe side i restored it completely

pootermoney

Bronze
Aug 25, 2007
alright if i completely restore then what happens..do i lose all my contacts and stuff like that or it just resets the icons adn whatever ive changed

SiLeNtKiLLa

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
Atlanta
If your talking about the icon thats in the shape of an "A" with pencil and paper and pen, thats the default icon for an app that is installed that doesn't have an custom icon created for it. You need to either drop an icon.png into that folder so that you can have the icon of choice for that particualr app, or put the app in the hidden section of your displayorder.plists or uninstall the app. No need for restore, you will still get the same thing if you don't have an icon for that particualr app or any others.

pooh

Sep 3, 2007
Baton Rouge, La.
If your talking about the icon thats in the shape of an "A" with pencil and paper and pen, thats the default icon for an app that is installed that doesn't have an custom icon created for it. You need to either drop an icon.png into that folder so that you can have the icon of choice for that particualr app, or put the app in the hidden section of your displayorder.plists or uninstall the app. No need for restore, you will still get the same thing if you don't have an icon for that particualr app or any others.
like i said i had the icon on my screen and it aggravated me because it did nothing it did not respond at all... maybe u guys know something i don't...