Weird Iconoclasm Behavior with folders

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Santa

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 2, 2009
Colorado, USA
I've been playing around with Iconoclasm. I managed to make a free form layout, but when I started using it, I found that folders didn't work well. This is what I got:

IMG_5905[1].PNG

IMG_5906[1].PNG

Stuff doesn't scroll up so I can see all the icons in the folder. I went back and checked the included "free form" layouts and they did the same thing, so it's not just my layout.

Anyone have a clue? Does iconoclasm just not really work any more?

Thanks.

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
The last update doesn't mention anything about any folder fixes unfortunately.

Send the Dev an email.

Are you using Skrink?

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
Iconoclasm is good for some people though because you can have custom layouts. Gridlock only allows you to put icons in a grid styled fashion.

I've personally never used Iconoclasm, it looks good but Gridlock's makes much more sense to me.

Santa

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 2, 2009
Colorado, USA
yes, I was hoping to do some layouts that were a little more free-form. But looking cool doesn't do much if it doesn't work.

I sent a note to the developer. I'll see what I hear back.

Santa

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 2, 2009
Colorado, USA
Heard back from the developer:

"I am aware of the issue, I just haven't found a fix that works yet. One solution would be to get FolderEnhancer, which does away with the sliding mechanism entirely and displays folders as a pop-up over SpringBoard."

Gridlock's looking better.

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
Heard back from the developer:

"I am aware of the issue, I just haven't found a fix that works yet. One solution would be to get FolderEnhancer, which does away with the sliding mechanism entirely and displays folders as a pop-up over SpringBoard."

Gridlock's looking better.
It's good that the Dev got back to you! Glad that Gridlock's working out for you (which works with both FolderEnhancer and Shrink).

fijiman

Contributor
Silver
Feb 13, 2011
UK
Gridlock + CustomGrid + (Shrink or Bigify+) = Any layout you can imagine...

CustomGrid a nice tweak a max of 144 apps on the springboard plus more......

fijiman

Contributor
Silver
Feb 13, 2011
UK
CustomGrid-Strange.....been running it since it came out....my iPhone is very tweak heavy never experienced any lagging .... even though I have nothing showing on my springboard I still have it installed...:)

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
CustomGrid-Strange.....been running it since it came out....my iPhone is very tweak heavy never experienced any lagging .... even though I have nothing showing on my springboard I still have it installed...:)
It was probably conflicting with something I had installed. My phone didn't crash, just slowed right down.

Do me a favour send me a list of your tweaks, I might be able to find out what the problem was.

fijiman

Contributor
Silver
Feb 13, 2011
UK
In the process of Restoring iPhone... still installing one or two bits...just finished installing ScrollingBoard from Cydia after pics were taken....

IMG_0004.PNG IMG_0005.PNG IMG_0006.PNG IMG_0007.PNG IMG_0008.PNG IMG_0009.PNG