Weird issue with video podcasts -since 1.1.4?

Colin

Bronze
Dec 25, 2007
Ok this only started recently (I think since 1.1.4) but it seems like some podcasts no longer want to migrate to the iPhone. Specifically, the last two mahalo daily haven't been able to sync to the phone. I get an error like "Error: the video cant sync because its not supported" or something like that (sorry I'm posting from work).

Today a CNet video podcast joined the 'unsynchable' list. Yet, most of the other video podcasts seem to work fine. Any thoughts?

Colin

Bronze
Dec 25, 2007
I have dozens of them working flawlessly. It looks like the podcast that iTunes downloaded is a large size ie 640x480 vs the normal 320 size. I'm hoping this is the issue. I'll investigate further but is someone else has an idea, I'm 'all ears'

fury

Evangelist
Gold
Oct 23, 2007
Louisville, KY
That's really stupid if iTunes won't synch to the phone just because the video is a larger size than the iPhone screen resolution. I'm getting the same issue, for what it's worth, but I doubt it's because of the update, I think it's the podcasts.

termleech

Zealot
Gold
Sep 7, 2007
McPherson, KS
It has to do with the size of the Podcast and the codec the podcast uses. I have a couple of them that won't sync because they are either too large or use an incompatible codec.