weird jailbreaking problems

Radis

Bronze
Jul 3, 2007
alright, so i jailbroke my phone back in firmware 1.1.2 but now i have a normal nonjailbroken iPhone. the only problem is, is that my headphones (the mic on it) does not work. i cannot use it to talk to someone or to change songs.

took it to an Apple store, asked an Apple guy about it and he told me i couldnt change songs with it. so then he went over the the iPhone section and tried to change songs with a demo iPhone and it worked just like a charme. they gave me new headphones but still they do not work.

i have tried reseting the phone but i cannot figure out how to make them work again. (i can still hear music out of them)

Thanks

Dec 10, 2007
blacked out
There is a third ring on the male portion of the headphones that allows for input (mic & track changing). It sounds to me like that third ring's receptor in the phone is busted. I don't think it has anything to do with jailbreaking. It's a hardware issue not software. And for that genius at the Apple store to not know about the track changing feature on the headphones, or to not even test the new headphones he gave you? bonehead

I'd take it back and ask for a new phone.

Radis

Bronze
Jul 3, 2007
There is a third ring on the male portion of the headphones that allows for input (mic & track changing). It sounds to me like that third ring's receptor in the phone is busted. I don't think it has anything to do with jailbreaking. It's a hardware issue not software. And for that genius at the Apple store to not know about the track changing feature on the headphones, or to not even test the new headphones he gave you? bonehead

I'd take it back and ask for a new phone.
is there an Apple warranty on the phone because I purchased it back in July will they still trade me for a new one?