Weird lines on my iPod touch 5th gen

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Has there been any damage to the iPod?

Try these steps in order and check to see if the lines disappear after each step:

1. Hard reset. No data is lost. Press the home and power buttons at the same time and let go when you see the Apple logo.
2. Settings > General > Reset > Reset All Settings
3. Restore to factory settings.

Mthoroughbred

Zealot
Silver
Dec 16, 2008
Has there been any damage to the iPod?

Try these steps in order and check to see if the lines disappear after each step:

1. Hard reset. No data is lost. Press the home and power buttons at the same time and let go when you see the Apple logo.
2. Settings > General > Reset > Reset All Settings
3. Restore to factory settings.
I have tried all that there is no physical damage/water to the device. Called Apple have an appointment @7:50 tonight

Sent using iCafe app

Mthoroughbred

Zealot
Silver
Dec 16, 2008
@Europa

If you notice when the settings is open you can still see the homescreen on the bottom portion of the screen as if the image is "burned" to the screen

ImageUploadedByiCafe Forums1385935852.398071.jpg

Sent using iCafe app

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Yeah, it looks like hardware failure. They'll replace it for free if you've had it for less than a year (2 years with AppleCare+) as long as the water sensors aren't activated.

Mthoroughbred

Zealot
Silver
Dec 16, 2008
Yeah, it looks like hardware failure. They'll replace it for free if you've had it for less than a year (2 years with AppleCare+) as long as the water sensors aren't activated.
Well one trip to the Apple store later and an iPod replaced. Like you said hardware issue. The Genius looked at it and asked when did I buy it I told him same time last year he said I have 24 days left on my warranty gave me a number to call to extend the warranty. In and out the store in 10 minutes flat. The best part about it is if you're truthful they don't push the blame like some brands out there.

Sent using iCafe app