Weird problem, music dosent stop playing.

Jul 19, 2008
London or Miami
Ok so today i was playing music when all of a sudden i received a call. I slid to answer the call, but the music was still playing. Im saying hello, hello and my friend is answering me, but the music was playing at the same time as the call.

I stopped the music by double tapping home to get to my ipod, but i shouldnt have to do it. The music should fade out like it always used to. Any suggestions?

PepeRB29

Mar 21, 2008
8 mile
damn that is weird. have you tried to replicate the problem? i'm thinking maybe it was just a glitch (one time after a jailbreak i could never tap or slide to answer when my sister called, but a restore fixed that), but that is quite annoying nonetheless.

btw, what song was it?

Jul 19, 2008
London or Miami
It was I see Stars. I am Jack smirking Revenge.

I've tried to replicate the problem and its never happened again so im like wtf! that was super weird. I've had nothing go wrong with my iPhone. But if it happens again and i restore will i lose my coveted 2.2 firmware and 0.28 firmware?

PepeRB29

Mar 21, 2008
8 mile
nah bro just do a custom restore to your 2.2 firmware (located within your comp already) and you will be all set (it will try to get you to update but **** that mess) if you have any questions let me know, i've had to do the same thing. you on mac or windows?

Adam1389

Silver
Nov 20, 2008
Ilwaco, WA
Had this happen on 3.0 Beta 4. I had my bluetooth headset paired, and received a phone call, the music and the call went to my headset..never could get it to happen again.

Jul 19, 2008
London or Miami
lol, did it like blare really loud into your ear?

Ive had my iPhone playing music through headphones and the music will suddenly ZOOM to max level. This does 2 things to me. Scares the **** outa me because im not expecting it. It also makes me spaz out like im crazy trying to pull the headphones out my ears.

I have no idea why it does this.

Neo-Tech

Bronze
Oct 24, 2008
It's probably because you didn't have enough RAM, this happens to me a lot but with other apps. Try running FreeMemory or something :)

Jul 19, 2008
London or Miami
I've been watching my Ram go down like gas prices were going up. Ill respring, i get a full 50mb. In around 2 hours, after sending sms, and maybe getting one call im scraping at around 15mb. If i open an app (legit or cracked) then im looking at 5mb.

There was one time where the phone hit 2mb! Guess what happened?

I couldnt, even slide to power off or open SBsettings. I had to force reset.

Neo-Tech

Bronze
Oct 24, 2008
What extensions do you have installed?

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Just so you know, the iPhone can and does operate normally under low-memory conditions. If you use an app like free memory, you'll find that almost all the memory is dynamically allocated to something at any one time. This is normal.

What's not normal is heavy lagging or glitching like this under those conditions. Beta3 was really good in this regard, but B4 and B5 have gotten worse, imo. Anything dealing with media will manifest this problem more quickly. Hopefully we'll see some improvments in B6... tonight?