Weird Problem on the Apple Website

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by riffdex, Jul 6, 2012.

1. riffdex

riffdex Member
    Bronze

Hey,

I'm having a very weird problem with the Apple website. This may not be the appropriate sub-forum for this, but it seemed to make the most sense. I am having an issue on the Apple.com page for the Macbook Pro.

It is the page if you go to Apple.com, click "Mac", then "MacBook Pro".

At the top of the page there is an animation of a MB Pro if you click it it opens up for you. The animation is flickering to black for me and after I click it to play the animation, afterwards it pops up a random ad for an outside service or product somewhere on the web. This seems VERY unusual for the Apple website to do.

I was hoping someone could go to the Apple website and tell me if this is happening for all visitors, or just me? I am a little concerned about malware. I don't see how it could be a phishing site disguised as Apple because I typed Apple.com directly into the URL bar and navigated to the MacBook Pro page.

2. FlwrPwer

FlwrPwer Evangelist
    Gold

No problem here. I got to the website no problem and no random pages popped up.

3. riffdex

riffdex Member
    Bronze

Ok it was still doing this for me, so I decided to try Firefox (was using Chrome before) and it worked fine. It got me thinking it's obviously not an issue w/ the Apple website but some configuration I had. I ended up finding out I have some extension installed on Chrome called DivX Pro. I NEVER installed this, it looks like some rogue extension. Ironically the description says it is supposed to "improve performance" of DivX video content online, but all it did was made it perform with glitches (the flickering I was seeing). I guess I will be sure to check my extensions list more frequently from now on. Well thank you for trying that out for me, it helped me solve the problem!