Weird Safari Thing.. Anyone else?

IceTrAiN

Bronze
If I'm looking at a webpage, and begin to drag the page STRAIGHT up, without lifting my finger I can then begin to drag straight left or right. However, the opposite, dragging straight left or right, and attempting to then go up or down without lifting my finger, does not work. If I intially start by going up or diagonal, it respondes fine.. Anybody else have this happen?

Kev1000000

Bronze
Jun 26, 2007
If I'm looking at a webpage, and begin to drag the page STRAIGHT up, without lifting my finger I can then begin to drag straight left or right. However, the opposite, dragging straight left or right, and attempting to then go up or down without lifting my finger, does not work. If I intially start by going up or diagonal, it respondes fine.. Anybody else have this happen?
I believe that safari tries to keep you in whatever table you are currently viewing. This is part of the "smart zoom" feature.

pb30

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
Minnesota
Works the same on my phone. I'm guessing they may do that so if you are reading something and scroll left or right you don't loose your sentence