Weird speaker problem due to Cydia app?

Discussion in 'iPhone Jailbreak' started by shugo, Feb 17, 2012.

1. shugo

shugo Member
    Bronze

Ok, I have an interesting, unusual problem. I went to answer my phone when it decided to crash and return to safe mode. Since then when I lock/unlock my phone the audio comes from the speaker at the top, and there's an option when I'm listening to music/YouTube to play from the speaker on top, and the speaker on bottom. I've tried a respring, turning my phone all the way off and back on, and it still won't fix itself. Any ideas?

2. psylichon

psylichon Genius

Speaker on top? Do you mean the headset (handset? ... the part you hold to your ear)? What does the audio output option say specifically in the Music/Youtube apps?

3. shugo

shugo Member
    Bronze

Yes, the headset. The options in the apps are [iPhone Speaker] and [iPhone]. Speaker is the normal speaker for ringtones/music, and [iPhone] is the headset speaker.

4. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

Have you installed anything from Cydia lately? Try uninstalling the latest one if any may have caused this.

5. shugo

shugo Member
    Bronze

Haven't installed anything in about a week. I did forget to mention that I had the standard Apple earbuds in when I went to answer the call.
    On a side note, I dunno what happened, but it seems to have fixed itself.

6. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

That would make sense for the call to go through the earbuds when you answer call.

7. shugo

shugo Member
    Bronze

Ok, I figured out the problem. It was a Cydia app, but one that I used so infrequently I hadn't noticed. When I turn on the Hands Free tweak for Siri, the audio gets a little wonky. But when it's turned off, it goes back to normal.