Weird thing on 5 just happened.

Breadbag

Bronze
Oct 30, 2011
I got my replacement iPhone 5 last week. The first issue was it had bad antenna. This one has been great, but just a few mins ago I went to App Store to get something I bought earlier on the iPad...anyway when I hit the download icon this strange static started up for about 6 seconds...like a bad TV signal. Just in random places on the App Store part of the screen. Anyone had this before? Or should I make the call again this week?

Zanthe

#apple
Gold
Aug 9, 2007
Was your phone close to a telephone? Sometimes that causes weird static? Just a thought.

Breadbag

Bronze
Oct 30, 2011
Was your phone close to a telephone? Sometimes that causes weird static? Just a thought.
Nah nothing close. It hasn't happened again, but ill make the call anyway. I guess the touch screen could be bad or something of the sort.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I got my replacement iPhone 5 last week. The first issue was it had bad antenna. This one has been great, but just a few mins ago I went to App Store to get something I bought earlier on the iPad...anyway when I hit the download icon this strange static started up for about 6 seconds...like a bad TV signal. Just in random places on the App Store part of the screen. Anyone had this before? Or should I make the call again this week?
Nah nothing close. It hasn't happened again, but ill make the call anyway. I guess the touch screen could be bad or something of the sort.
It's a 6.0 glitch/bug. I've experienced it about five times - most of them while I was in the App Store. There's nothing wrong with the hardware on your phone; this is software-related. I bet Apple will fix it with the next software update. You do not need to call them, but you can report it here:
http://www.apple.com/feedback/iphone.html

We have a thread here on this forum about this bug. A lot of people have noticed it. I'll see if I can find the thread...

Zanthe

#apple
Gold
Aug 9, 2007
I hope they get the update out before I get my phone. Shouldn't be a problem. I probably won't have it for 3 months the way t's going.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I hope they get the update out before I get my phone. Shouldn't be a problem. I probably won't have it for 3 months the way t's going.
I'm sure they will, but it's really not a big deal. I just quit the app and reopened it and it went away. It's infrequent and doesn't affect the stability of function of the App Store. It just looks weird.

ipod

Bronze
Sep 14, 2007
You're a vampire.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
You're a vampire.
Not true. I went out in sunlight just last week. :p

Seriously, though - I'm usually up by noon. I work night shift.

Breadbag

Bronze
Oct 30, 2011
And yes...it was when putting in the password.

ipod

Bronze
Sep 14, 2007
Not true. I went out in sunlight just last week. :p

Seriously, though - I'm usually up by noon. I work night shift.
My Vampire comment was meant for the op. Vampires tend to glitch electronics.