Weird thing on 5 just happened.

Breadbag

Bronze
Oct 30, 2011
I got my replacement iPhone 5 last week. The first issue was it had bad antenna. This one has been great, but just a few mins ago I went to App Store to get something I bought earlier on the iPad...anyway when I hit the download icon this strange static started up for about 6 seconds...like a bad TV signal. Just in random places on the App Store part of the screen. Anyone had this before? Or should I make the call again this week?

Breadbag

Bronze
Oct 30, 2011
Was your phone close to a telephone? Sometimes that causes weird static? Just a thought.
Nah nothing close. It hasn't happened again, but ill make the call anyway. I guess the touch screen could be bad or something of the sort.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I got my replacement iPhone 5 last week. The first issue was it had bad antenna. This one has been great, but just a few mins ago I went to App Store to get something I bought earlier on the iPad...anyway when I hit the download icon this strange static started up for about 6 seconds...like a bad TV signal. Just in random places on the App Store part of the screen. Anyone had this before? Or should I make the call again this week?
Nah nothing close. It hasn't happened again, but ill make the call anyway. I guess the touch screen could be bad or something of the sort.
It's a 6.0 glitch/bug. I've experienced it about five times - most of them while I was in the App Store. There's nothing wrong with the hardware on your phone; this is software-related. I bet Apple will fix it with the next software update. You do not need to call them, but you can report it here:
http://www.apple.com/feedback/iphone.html

We have a thread here on this forum about this bug. A lot of people have noticed it. I'll see if I can find the thread...

Zanthe

#apple
Gold
Aug 9, 2007
I hope they get the update out before I get my phone. Shouldn't be a problem. I probably won't have it for 3 months the way t's going.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I hope they get the update out before I get my phone. Shouldn't be a problem. I probably won't have it for 3 months the way t's going.
I'm sure they will, but it's really not a big deal. I just quit the app and reopened it and it went away. It's infrequent and doesn't affect the stability of function of the App Store. It just looks weird.