Weirdest email glitch yet...can send via edge but not WiFi

philhh

Bronze
Jul 30, 2007
Hey Guys,

I'm encountering one strange error on my 2g Jailbroken iPhone, version 2.1.

On my home wifi network (Apple Time Capsule and Airport Express) I cannot send email via my work's pop mail in the Mail application, though I can receive mail from this account. I have to disable WiFi and send via Edge...then everything works fine. I can send the email via my work's WiFi when I'm there...very strange.

Any ideas on this one?

Thanks!

-Phil

GADeputy

Bronze
Jan 21, 2008
Georgia, USA
This really isn't that strange. It's pretty common. A lot of ISP's don't allow you to send emails unless you are actually on their network. I have to do the same as you when I'm at home.

FlwrPwer

Evangelist
Gold
Aug 7, 2008
Montgomery, NY
Same here. My email address is from the DSL company my parents had and I got an email address from there when I lived at home. The company is frontier.

When I moved out, I got a cable modem from Cablevision. I didn't bother getting a new email address cause thats a pain, but the frontier network will not allow me to send email on the Cablevision network. I can receive mail, but the only way I can send it is if I switch over to EDGE or use their web-based mail program.

This is yet another reason why I got mobile me.

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
I also had the same situation until I got the 3G. Now I can send and receive on 3G.