Weirdest Problem! Please Help me!

nirav464

Bronze
Dec 24, 2007
I'll state my problem from the beginning so you don't have to read the details:

When I shutdown my iPhone and turn it back on, i get the restore symbol (cable pointing to iTunes)

Now the details: My iPhone (1.1.4) has recently has been "frozen" for a while now. It's not stuck at the Apple logo, it boots fine. The problem is that once I'm in any application, the touch screen doesn't work. The app loads (and the touch screen works fine to launch/scroll in the springboard), but I cannot touch any button/feature/etc in any part of the app once it does load.

So usually turning it on while connected to a computer solved that problem or a random restart would work. BUT a few days ago it didn't work so I decided to put the iPhone in restore mode and boot it out of restore mode with the advanced features tab from iLiberty+ for Windows.

So now when I restart my iPhone the restore symbol comes up.
WHAT CAN I DO?

Just to clear things up: My iPhone rihgt now is working perfectly fine right now. Its just when I restart it, the restore picture comes up and I have to use iLiberty+ to boot it out of recovery.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
It might be wise to back up everything and restore, then JB again.

themanofthedark

Gold
Jan 5, 2008
Boston
restore.

you have encountered the advanced OTS.

one tap syndrome is when you cannot use applications after they have opened.

and sometimes, more files are damaged by this, and your phone goes into recovery mode.