well here's my issue...

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

MiPhone7012

Bronze
Aug 10, 2007
Seattle, WA
i have an iPhone, and love it i just want another ipod, just for music and video's and don't want the touch since its basically the same as the iPhone, i want the classic or the new nano. what would you guys recommend, i can get the nano and have spare money to spend on other stuff for it, or i could get the 80gb classic and have no more money :( lol

I used my $100 iPhone credit to get a 160GB classic.

I don't care about accessories such as headphones, I never had a problem with the sound on those. The other consideration would be a case, possibly $20-$30 there.

For me, I want to have allot of music with me because well, sometimes I might start thinking about a song or CD and with the new Classic iPods, I can have it with me no matter what already loaded on it. A Nano would be ok but then you have to go home every night or every other night and change the songs so you don't get tired of what's on there.

Then if you want to have some videos on there, well a full length movie can be almost 1 GB in size so there goes allot of space.

Just do some thinking before you decide so you don't go wasting money.

MiPhone7012

Bronze
Aug 10, 2007
Seattle, WA
I used my $100 iPhone credit to get a 160GB classic.

I don't care about accessories such as headphones, I never had a problem with the sound on those. The other consideration would be a case, possibly $20-$30 there.

For me, I want to have allot of music with me because well, sometimes I might start thinking about a song or CD and with the new Classic iPods, I can have it with me no matter what already loaded on it. A Nano would be ok but then you have to go home every night or every other night and change the songs so you don't get tired of what's on there.

Then if you want to have some videos on there, well a full length movie can be almost 1 GB in size so there goes allot of space.

Just do some thinking before you decide so you don't go wasting money.
well now that i think of it, should i just buy a used but in good condition ipod video 30GB 5.5 generation? for about 100-130 on craigslist i saw. my friend wants the new classic so he said he would sell me his video for like 100 so whats your opinion on that, or should i just get a brand new 4GB nano?:sick:

well now that i think of it, should i just buy a used but in good condition ipod video 30GB 5.5 generation? for about 100-130 on craigslist i saw. my friend wants the new classic so he said he would sell me his video for like 100 so whats your opinion on that, or should i just get a brand new 4GB nano?:sick:
If you don't mind buying a used iPod, go ahead and do it! 30GB is pretty big and will hold allot of music and videos. As for the 4GB Nano, I would buy your friends used iPod instead. Same amount of money and you will get the 30GB instead of 4GB.

MiPhone7012

Bronze
Aug 10, 2007
Seattle, WA
If you don't mind buying a used iPod, go ahead and do it! 30GB is pretty big and will hold allot of music and videos. As for the 4GB Nano, I would buy your friends used iPod instead. Same amount of money and you will get the 30GB instead of 4GB.
ya true true, but i would love that classic , but i might have to just buy the 30Gb video/

MiPhone7012

Bronze
Aug 10, 2007
Seattle, WA
ya true true, but i would love that classic , but i might have to just buy the 30Gb video/ is there video out yet on the iPhone? i read a thread about it, is the update here?