Well I am back

Naylor07

Bronze
Sep 8, 2007
Well I bought an iPhone when they came out and then I thought I could find better out there so I sold it and bought a Blackberry 8310, well that was too much businesss for me so I switched to the AT&T Tilt and I will never go back to a WM device, lol. Then to an N95, too small of screen no full keyboard. So I am back to the iPhone!

Bone

Zealot
Gold
Feb 11, 2008
Welcome back. Glad you settled on the iPhone. It is the end all be all of phones.

Naylor07

Bronze
Sep 8, 2007
Yeah Nokia is really lacking updates in the US. The N95-3's firmware is so far behind the N95 and just isn't as good, although I did like GPS and video recording.

H

Hayesimus

Live and learn.

OJsakila

Jul 15, 2007
Jupiter's sulphur mines
Well I bought an iPhone when they came out and then I thought I could find better out there so I sold it and bought a Blackberry 8310, well that was too much businesss for me so I switched to the AT&T Tilt and I will never go back to a WM device, lol. Then to an N95, too small of screen no full keyboard. So I am back to the iPhone!

...Told you so.

depthnerd

Feb 16, 2008
Are you actually here to stay? KNK came back for like a day and then left, then other people who seemed really cool joined and then left at last minute.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
I'm curious, as a past fan of WM.... what didn't you like about it?

Oh, and glad you're back!

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Are you actually here to stay? KNK came back for like a day and then left, then other people who seemed really cool joined and then left at last minute.
True, he popped up in that thread, made a few smart replies (Typical KNK. :p ) and then left again.

- John

Naylor07

Bronze
Sep 8, 2007
I am back until a company can produce a phone and support a phone with new innovations that isn't businesss oriented. I have never been an Apple fan but I am guessing I am staying with this phone till the new iPhone comes out.

Windows mobile was great for software, tons of developers, lots of software, but overall it seemed slow and sluggish to me. The device didn't help either, the Tilt is like a 2lb paper weight. It has so much but doesn't do anything at all really well. The touch screen wasn't very nice or useful. I did like the keyboard, but that is about it, the controls overall, even though there were like 5 ways to control them, all sucked in my opinion.

There is no phone on the market that really looks appealing to me other than the iPhone, but who really knows what is to come in the future.

scandalex

Silver
Sep 16, 2007
I am back until a company can produce a phone and support a phone with new innovations that isn't businesss oriented. I have never been an Apple fan but I am guessing I am staying with this phone till the new iPhone comes out.

Windows mobile was great for software, tons of developers, lots of software, but overall it seemed slow and sluggish to me. The device didn't help either, the Tilt is like a 2lb paper weight. It has so much but doesn't do anything at all really well. The touch screen wasn't very nice or useful. I did like the keyboard, but that is about it, the controls overall, even though there were like 5 ways to control them, all sucked in my opinion.

There is no phone on the market that really looks appealing to me other than the iPhone, but who really knows what is to come in the future.
You're not alone in that thought.

kokogirl

Gold
Sep 8, 2007
Sunny Florida
Glad you're back. That was an expensive way to decide you like the iPhone. :)

I do the same thing with drivers. (I think if I buy a new one I will keep the ball in the fairway). Thank goodness for ebay.

OJsakila

Jul 15, 2007
Jupiter's sulphur mines
Glad you're back. That was an expensive way to decide you like the iPhone. :)

I do the same thing with drivers. (I think if I buy a new one I will keep the ball in the fairway). Thank goodness for ebay.
You do. It's called "The New Club Syndrome" or NCS for short..

Normally I find this true with not just drivers, but every new club you purchase.

As soon as the "newness" wears off, you'll be up to your old tricks in no time...

Bone

Zealot
Gold
Feb 11, 2008
I have a seriouse problem with putters. I actually broke one about three weeks ago. I didn't even know i could break a putter. I did just buy a new 65 degree clevland. Loving it!

kokogirl

Gold
Sep 8, 2007
Sunny Florida
I have a seriouse problem with putters. I actually broke one about three weeks ago. I didn't even know i could break a putter. I did just buy a new 65 degree clevland. Loving it!
I did not mention my putter problem. It is worse than the driver problem. Again, thank goodness for ebay. My current putter is PING Karsten center shafted blade looking thing, but it is face balanced. I like the feel and it gives good feedback on the putts.

How many wedges are you carrying if you have a 65 deg?

electoman

Bronze
Sep 20, 2007
Atlanta, GA
I liked the Tilt, the Windows Live search worked very well. GPS navigation was on par with my Garmin, the Media player handled music pretty good. Outlook integration is still the best and direct push with Activesync for Exchange beats BES anyday. But, I really like the iPhone and with the new enterprise features coming in June, it will, hands down, toast the WM devices. I am pleased that the upgrade will be for existing phones.

ap93

Bronze
Feb 7, 2008
oh man thats a lot of switching. why was the iPhone not good enough the first time?

and nice to have you back. ahhhh thats another happy customer to add to the millions of iPhone lovers! :)