Well i just found out that....

ja_vo

Bronze
Jun 17, 2007
Atlanta, GA
I wont be able to get the discount price for the iPhone. The lady that i spoke to on the phone from ATT told me that the 3G iPhone is going to be sold just like any other phone.

I am so mad and i don't know what to do. Any ideas?
:sick:

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
I honestly think she doesn't know what shes talking about...its not really being sold like all the other phones...it seems harder to buy than the rest of em.

ja_vo

Bronze
Jun 17, 2007
Atlanta, GA
I honestly think she doesn't know what shes talking about...its not really being sold like all the other phones...it seems harder to buy than the rest of em.

I hope your right man, i really do because i am really down from hearing that news.

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
I wont be able to get the discount price for the iPhone. The lady that i spoke to on the phone from ATT told me that the 3G iPhone is going to be sold just like any other phone.

I am so mad and i don't know what to do. Any ideas?
:sick:
If you have an ATT account and a phone other that an iPhone, you may not be eligible for an upgrade. If this is the case, you got the right info.

ibTom

Bronze
Mar 21, 2008
Alot of people are getting all sorts of mixed messages. It's best not to get ahead of things and just wait until things are more official.

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
No i've been an iPhone user from day one.
Well then she definitely doesn't know what shes talking about. For sure, you'll be able to get it at $199 or $299, depending on which model you're getting :)

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
I really hope you are right.
I can guarantee you that if you have a valid iPhone account in good standing, you will get the phone for the $199-$299 price.
These ATT people are to be training next week for the new phone and at this point I think they speak on office rumor more than anything.

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
It's been documented all over the place, including an ATT press release. Google it, you'll find your "official" answer.
Yeah, also, yesterday when I called AT&T to change my plan back to an iPhone plan, she said as long as you have an iPhone and have had one, you can get the discounted price no problem.

ja_vo

Bronze
Jun 17, 2007
Atlanta, GA
It's been documented all over the place, including an ATT press release. Google it, you'll find your "official" answer.

What would i look undere on google?
Thanks so much for your help.

RichR

Bronze
Sep 30, 2007
They just said on g4 TV that the increased price will only be $100 more. They also said that the new iPhone 3g costs half as much to make than the original. That's kind of scary!

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
They also said that the new iPhone 3g costs half as much to make than the original. That's kind of scary!
I have heard that also. The plastic back is part of it, but certainly no where near half. Don't know what to think of this.

RichR

Bronze
Sep 30, 2007
There are so many things leading to a cheaper product.... Plastic back, reduced quality in screen. Yes, they may all be rumors and I hope they are. Only time will tell. It really does make sense to sell the new iPhone for such a great price if it cost half as much to make.

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
It really does make sense to sell the new iPhone for such a great price if it cost half as much to make.
This was obviously Apple's plan. They saw how great V1 was received and figured why not make it cheaper and we can release it to 70 countries and make it affordable to more people. You will see every 10yr old in the country with an iPhone now.

Mar 30, 2008
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
So then who is not eligible for the iPhone 3G subsidized price?
I understand people who are new to AT&T and people who have owned one, but who cant take advantage of the subsidized price?

RichR

Bronze
Sep 30, 2007
If you have upgraded your phone recently and receivied your phone for a discounted price, then you will NOT be eligible. You can find out if your time has expired for eligiblilty if you log on to your AT&T account on the website.