Well, I scratched my screen....

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Mustangous

Bronze
Jul 6, 2007
Well, if anyone could do it, i could... I put a 1 inch long scratch into the center on my iPhone... I had the phone clipped to my side and i happened to lean against a wall where the only place there was a rusty nail hanging out. I heard the screatching sound of nails on a chaulk board....

Man was I and still am upset... :mad:

I was thinking of getting the case that the iPhone slides into now, but now i am like, well i already have a scratch in it so wwho cares....

askewed

Bronze
Jun 22, 2007
NJ
I think you mean 'deep' not 'deap' but moreover I think you really meant 'long' as the entire phone isn't an inch "deep".

One way or the other sorry...

ben1380

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
I think you meant "instructor" not "professor". Oh and I think you meant "You have my gratitude" not "Thank you". :rolleyes:

Sorry to hear about that scratch....that really sucks.

Joon

Bronze
Jul 14, 2007
Go to an Apple store and tell them the story of the guy on engadget that got his iPhone replaced when the phone snapped out of his hand and smacked a table and shattered. The Apple store by him replaced his iPhone for him. I used this when I scratched mine on my diamond earrings and they replaced it for me.

Mustangous

Bronze
Jul 6, 2007
Go to an Apple store and tell them the story of the guy on engadget that got his iPhone replaced when the phone snapped out of his hand and smacked a table and shattered. The Apple store by him replaced his iPhone for him. I used this when I scratched mine on my diamond earrings and they replaced it for me.
how did you actually tell them, because I doubt they will do it for me. I am gonna try...

Joon

Bronze
Jul 14, 2007
Well, i am at the Apple store and no good on the return...
I called up the Apple store first and told them I scratched my screen with my diamond earrings. They initially told me that I could not get a replacement cause they don't replace user damage. I then told them the story that was on engadget.com of a guy that had his iPhone plugged into the wall charger and tried to answer his phone. When he answered it, the short plug pulled and snapped the phone out of his hand and smacked the end of a coffee table and made the glass spider web. He brought it to the Apple store and let him get a new one. After I told them that story a manger got on the phone and said "bring it on in and we will exchange it for you."

Mustangous

Bronze
Jul 6, 2007
I called up the Apple store first and told them I scratched my screen with my diamond earrings. They initially told me that I could not get a replacement cause they don't replace user damage. I then told them the story that was on engadget.com of a guy that had his iPhone plugged into the wall charger and tried to answer his phone. When he answered it, the short plug pulled and snapped the phone out of his hand and smacked the end of a coffee table and made the glass spider web. He brought it to the Apple store and let him get a new one. After I told them that story a manger got on the phone and said "bring it on in and we will exchange it for you."
Damn... where ya live, I need to go to that one...lol
They told me that Apple might of done that in the very beginnig as a curtousy thing but they really don't cover user damage. They have cases and screen protectors for that. So I ended up bringing up an issue with the usage meter not working and the said they would reset the phone and if it still didn't work within 24hours than bring it back and we'll see what we can do. First they said that they might have to send it out and i told them no way am i gonna be without a phone that i just paid $600 for 2 weeks ago... So i guess we'll see what happens when i bring it back cause i know the usage meters arnt going to work, or at least i hope the wont...lol

mcnearcj

Bronze
Jun 21, 2007
I scratched my screen too. I took it to the Apple store and told them the battery performance isn't up to my expectation and they swapped it out... of course I didn't mention the screen once.

Mustangous

Bronze
Jul 6, 2007
I scratched my screen too. I took it to the Apple store and told them the battery performance isn't up to my expectation and they swapped it out... of course I didn't mention the screen once.
Do is that all ou said and they had no problems?
I must of went to the wrong Apple store. Menlo park mall, NJ

wjp09

Zealot
Gold
Feb 25, 2007
NJ
Handed it to mom. She THROWS it on concrete. Well thats not how it happened but she dropped it and now its scratched.

Who saw that movie the ringer? YOU SCRATCHED MY CD. IN PLAIN DAYLIGHT.

Mustangous

Bronze
Jul 6, 2007
That sucks... I got the crystal film and really really impressed withit so far. And it comes with 2 in a set. Not sure why Apple does that. I guess to charge their $15 min...lol