Well, I'm actually waiting in line on saturday....

Jun 16, 2008
Tinley Park, IL
I'm at the orland park IL store and there is a line, but they claim tha there is plenty of phones here, so we'll see. And I know, I said I was going to hold off on this version....

itsabouttime

Silver
Feb 18, 2007
San Antonio, Tx.
I'm at the orland park IL store and there is a line, but they claim tha there is plenty of phones here, so we'll see. And I know, I said I was going to hold off on this version....
I was gonna wait too but I've since changed my mind, next Friday is my day to pick mine up!

luvit!

Bronze
Jul 16, 2008
I was going to wait also.... then as I drove by the ATT store at 11am, I thought I might as well stop and take a look. As I walk in the clerk asks if he can help me and I ask if they have any 32g left. Within about 6min. I was walking out of the store with a black 32g! They were out of white but thats what I have now, so I'll keep going back and forth between colors.:p (by the way, the store I just happened to drive by, is almost 2 hours away):cool:but I was really going to wait.... but glad I got!

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
There was a bit of a line at the Apple store I went into today. It never got longer than 3-5 people though.

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
I just got back from the Apple Store. I wanted to see and play with the 3G S. Gotta tell you it was hard walking out empty handed, but I am not sure how much longer it will be that way. That puppy is sweet. The speed along will win you over.

Jun 16, 2008
Tinley Park, IL
My wife and I now both have the 3GS! I upgraded from the 3G, but she upgraded from the v1 and she can't get over how much better the phone is. Only took about 40 total minutes at the store. I'm in the process of restoring, so my 1600 songs (I know, not a lot for some) is taking some time to upload. So far though, its cool as hell!

Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
I just got back from the Apple Store. I wanted to see and play with the 3G S. Gotta tell you it was hard walking out empty handed, but I am not sure how much longer it will be that way. That puppy is sweet. The speed along will win you over.
The dark side still beckons...

Sharunda

Genius
Gold
Jun 16, 2008
One Horse Town, New Jersey
It's a done deal! My hubby and I obtained our 3GS's today at 10:30am at the Apple 5th Ave store.

This phone is SICK! OMG! I'm tired right now and I am actually syncing my phone right now. I have an old Dell computer and it hates me right now and it has been showing its hate by taking 5, yes! 5 hours to restore and update my husbands phone today and now it's my turn and I have been doing restoring for three and 1/2 hours and now finishing off by syncing and it's taking, so far, 2 hours. So I may be a zombie tomorrow. I just can't sleep! I want this done and I want to play with my phone already!

I do love it and am glad I got it. Even more happy that I persuaded, convinced my husband to get it too!
**Update** Finally finished my syncing now. It took 4 & 1/2 hours to restore my phone and it has taken a grand total of 8 hours for me to restore and sync my phone! WOW! I am beyond tired. I don't think there is a name for what I am right now!

I am going to sleep at least knowing that my iPhone 3GS is ready for me whenever i wake up.

Goodnight guys. :)

Jun 16, 2008
Tinley Park, IL
you really need a mac, but congrats!

It's a done deal! My hubby and I obtained our 3GS's today at 10:30am at the Apple 5th Ave store.

This phone is SICK! OMG! I'm tired right now and I am actually syncing my phone right now. I have an old Dell computer and it hates me right now and it has been showing its hate by taking 5, yes! 5 hours to restore and update my husbands phone today and now it's my turn and I have been doing restoring for three and 1/2 hours and now finishing off by syncing and it's taking, so far, 2 hours. So I may be a zombie tomorrow. I just can't sleep! I want this done and I want to play with my phone already!

I do love it and am glad I got it. Even more happy that I persuaded, convinced my husband to get it too!
**Update** Finally finished my syncing now. It took 4 & 1/2 hours to restore my phone and it has taken a grand total of 8 hours for me to restore and sync my phone! WOW! I am beyond tired. I don't think there is a name for what I am right now!

I am going to sleep at least knowing that my iPhone 3GS is ready for me whenever i wake up.

Goodnight guys. :)

bls8195

Bronze
Apr 23, 2008
Texas City, TX
I bought the 3Gs yesterday at the Apple Store in Friendswood, TX. No line, there was a lot of people in there but the guy at the store they have been very busy but really no lines everyone seemed to space it out better this year. My wife bought the 3G, we use to have them then switched to Verizon, and then I wanted the new iPhone and she wanted her old one back.