Well It's Official..It was bound to happen sooner or later

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Aug 26, 2007
After months of keeping it in great shape..it saddens me that i received my first real iPhone scratch. Whats even worse is that its on the screen and I don't even know how I got it. Man this really sucks..

Gray

Bronze
Aug 19, 2007
that sucks dude.
But how did you manage to get it on the screen. The screen seems almost unscratchable.

fury

Evangelist
Gold
Oct 23, 2007
Louisville, KY
You sure it's a scratch? Do you have some omnicleaner or whatever it is from radtech? I wound up there looking for a headphone adapter, and they had some cleaning solution. It really does a better job than anything else I had tried up to that point to get off what I initially thought was some strong smudge. When nothing I tried worked and I could feel it faintly with my fingernail, I came to believe it was a scratch. It ended up not being a scratch when I went at it with this stuff, cause I got it off. It can be ordered with a grey cloth that is pretty similar to the black one that comes with the iPhone. But I found better results with the solution and my trusty 3m high performance cloth. (can a cloth really be high performance? O_o)

Painkiller

Bronze
Aug 9, 2007
You sure it's a scratch? Do you have some omnicleaner or whatever it is from radtech? I wound up there looking for a headphone adapter, and they had some cleaning solution. It really does a better job than anything else I had tried up to that point to get off what I initially thought was some strong smudge. When nothing I tried worked and I could feel it faintly with my fingernail, I came to believe it was a scratch. It ended up not being a scratch when I went at it with this stuff, cause I got it off. It can be ordered with a grey cloth that is pretty similar to the black one that comes with the iPhone. But I found better results with the solution and my trusty 3m high performance cloth. (can a cloth really be high performance? O_o)
My iPhone has 3 small bubbles that have developed under the screen and now I recently noticed and area of discoloration...Not very impressed with my iPhone. Speakerphone is completely unusable, audio in general is sometimes audible, other times not...ect....Should've waited for iPhone 2.0...imho.

jjvaldez

Gold
Jul 3, 2007
Salinas, Ca
i haven't dropped mine yet but the other day i saw a lady in a store that i was in and i said, "nice phone" she said i like it but i dropped it.... it was all fucked up .. hard core... then i showed her mine... i took it out of the iskin revo and she was like "i remember when mine looked like that" i have kept mine in a case since the day that i got it ,,, i plan to keep it like that so that it is safe ...

get a case!

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
I keep mine in my front pocket. It has one very tiny scratch right in the middle of the screen. I think it came from a grain of sand in my pocket. Those tiny grains of sand are dangerous on cell phone displays.

loopi_lu

Nov 6, 2007
mine fell out my jacket pocket yesterday after having it for 3days! my dog was walking away... it has a mini scratch on the metal frame :'(

Spikefood

Bronze
Oct 3, 2007
Dropped mine 3 times onto the concrete onto its screen (all in the same day lol). Only got a few marks on the chrome bezel. I don't care about scratching up the sides, the screen is all that matters to me.