well, my warranty is up this month

TSheridan330

Bronze
Dec 16, 2007
It ends in the middle of this month. It was the best year I ever had with a phone. I want to make the jump to 3g even though I like the style of the v1 more.

My phone shows some wear with a few light scratchesbon the back. ( I went naked) the glass is in perfect shape though. I'm hoping to get 300 on eBay to get the 16 g. Is that possible if it's unlocked and jb?

I might get the white. I'm not sure. I'll take a look when I get to the Apple store. Any men regret getting the white?

Than in advance for any comments.

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
It ends in the middle of this month. It was the best year I ever had with a phone. I want to make the jump to 3g even though I like the style of the v1 more.

My phone shows some wear with a few light scratchesbon the back. ( I went naked) the glass is in perfect shape though. I'm hoping to get 300 on eBay to get the 16 g. Is that possible if it's unlocked and jb?

I might get the white. I'm not sure. I'll take a look when I get to the Apple store. Any men regret getting the white?

You will get at least $300 but most likely much more since it is unlocked. I recently sold an 8GB V1 stock and got $315 for it. Unlocked ones are going for a good bit more.

VALET dude

Bronze
Oct 16, 2007
Las Vegas
im still holding on to my V1 :p
i got the white 3G and don't regret it at all. if i get bored with the color, ill just send it to colorware ;)

GLWS on your V1
trust me, youll love the 3G when you get it ;)

Ms Cola

Bronze
Sep 18, 2007
www.marykay.com
hey, can you tell me what you love so much on the 3g? I have the V1 but looking at the 3g didn't see much different.

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
hey, can you tell me what you love so much on the 3g? I have the V1 but looking at the 3g didn't see much different.
For me just the fact that I have 3G VS edge is great. I have excellent coverage in my area and the faster speed for Safari,ect was well worth it to me. Again for me, the locate feature is very pinpoint on 3G. I have used the GPS feature a couple times and it is pretty darn accurate.

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL

I got the white 16GB last week and do not regret it at all, but I also have it inside a white Slider case as well. It just doesn't show fingerprints as easily, and it always has that "clean" look about it.

As far as comparison between the 3G and the V1... truth be told, the differences are not as huge as some people would make it out. If my V1 was still working I would be just as happy. The speed of 3G is noticeable, but overall, not as impressive as I would have thought. The locate me feature on Maps is a nice improvement, but again, as accurate as it is, I still had no problems with the triangulation method over edge, so....
I look at it this way. If you can sell it for almost as much as you paid for it, minus a little depreciation, and make more than needed to upgrade, super. Otherwise, spend 70 bucks for the Apple care and hold onto your phone till the next one comes out next year.

Jun 23, 2008
Honolulu, Hawaii
I'm a man, and I love my white iPhone 3G. I use a Contour Showcase. I clean it every once in a while. Like brand new! I got the white on iDay2 because that was the only 16GB they had left. I don't even remember why I wanted a black one to begin with.

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
I have to agree with that statement. It does sit better I'm your hand.

Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
I bought the white 3G. Even though I have it in a black case for protection, I think that the white looks really nice. It's not a cheap-looking bright white like you might think.