Well.......

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

mernst

Silver
Jul 11, 2007
Gulfport, Ms
Well... Its time to get my wife her own iPhone....

I'm planning on getting her the 4gig one but no one has one
So I'm planning on getting hers this Friday... Where she can stop
playing with mine... lol so look out Apple... another blonde with a iPhone
coming your way

BuzzLY

Oct 18, 2007

coming your way
It is my understanding that with the recent price drop, they dropped the 4GB phone as well. Unless they are selling the old 4GB phones they still have in stock for a reduced rate... I'd recommend going with the 8GB phone, since they are only $399 now.

minivini

Bronze
Jul 6, 2007
Yeah, based on other posts from people trying to find 4GB iPhones, your best bet is going to be finding a used one for sale. The new ones are pretty much gone, and apparently the refurbished ones are gone as soon as they show up on the Apple site.
The 8GB is going to be FAR less trouble to get your hands on...

gcvt

Zealot
Gold
Jun 21, 2007
San Francisco
Lucky wife!

If you're looking to save a little money, you could always get her a refurbished 8GB from the Apple Store. There's none in the store now, and I forget how much they sell them for, but they are discounted a bit and should be in perfect shape with full warranty.

H

Hayesimus

i hate that word. REFURBISHED. also known as TAINTED! :p i love knowing that I'm the only person to get my hands all over my iPhone. Just my personal opinion. i'd rather pay a tiny bit more to know that it didn't already have previous problems. TRUE i could buy a lemon instead of buying one that has already be debugged and all. but still, at least it will be MY problem on a NEW one. not someone else's hand me down lol

iamtko

Zealot
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Houston
Lucky wife!

If you're looking to save a little money, you could always get her a refurbished 8GB from the Apple Store. There's none in the store now, and I forget how much they sell them for, but they are discounted a bit and should be in perfect shape with full warranty.
yeah if this is true then i'd say get her an 8gig.

plus i'd be kinda mad if the person who loves me most in the world(supposedly) got me the cheapest of the two.. :p

kokogirl

Gold
Sep 8, 2007
Sunny Florida

coming your way
Woohoo! Yeah for wife of mernst! Is it a surprise or does she know?

Indy

Zealot
Gold
Jul 29, 2007
i hate that word. REFURBISHED. also known as TAINTED! :p i love knowing that I'm the only person to get my hands all over my iPhone. Just my personal opinion. i'd rather pay a tiny bit more to know that it didn't already have previous problems. TRUE i could buy a lemon instead of buying one that has already be debugged and all. but still, at least it will be MY problem on a NEW one. not someone else's hand me down lol

Hehe, I'm the same way dude....;)

gcvt

Zealot
Gold
Jun 21, 2007
San Francisco
How about FORMERLY FONDLED? Or PREVIOUSLY PERSPIRED ON? :laugh2:

Seriously though...not all returned iPhones had problems. Many were returned for other reasons: too expensive, bad reception in first owners area, wasn't what they thought it was, etc. Anyhoo, just wanted to point out to potential refurb buyers that the refurbs weren't necessarily returned due to defects. Many of them were perfectly fine at the time of purchase and were returned for other reasons.

Indy

Zealot
Gold
Jul 29, 2007
Woohoo! Yeah for wife of mernst! Is it a surprise or does she know?
yes and if it IS a surprise you ought to think up a creative way to give it to her...

Maybe take a picture of you buying her phone over the counter, *I see a snapshot of the casheir handing you your bag and both looking at the camera smiling*, leave that pic on her phone (as the slide to unlock pic) and just leave it laying around the house for her to find and begin playing with it thinking it's yours, have camcorder hidden nearby...;)

I can think of many more....:laugh2:

mernst

Silver
Jul 11, 2007
Gulfport, Ms
by the way... I'm going to get her a new one for her.... a new shinny 8 gig
will be hers soon... ( this friday ) :laugh2:

I just hope to god she doenst drop in the toilet or wood-not... lol :mad:

or using it when driving.... :sick:

I'll get pics of her getting it.....

gcvt

Zealot
Gold
Jun 21, 2007
San Francisco
by the way... I'm going to get her a new one for her.... a new shinny 8 gig
will be hers soon... ( this friday ) :laugh2:

I just hope to god she doenst drop in the toilet or wood-not... lol :mad:

or using it when driving.... :sick:

I'll get pics of her getting it.....
As strange as it seems, there are currently 4GB models listed on Apple's refurb store page for $299....in case you were still looking for a 4GB.

kokogirl

Gold
Sep 8, 2007
Sunny Florida
yeah.... Its going to be fun when she gets hers... I just hope its going to be my lucky night too lol jkjk... well later guys
It worked for my husband when I got my iPhone. ;) Hope it all works in your favor...lol!

Honestly, that is a really nice gift. Post the reaction after she gets it!