Went to a Cingular/AT&T store in Cleveland.. asked about Waiting List

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

DMcGrew

Bronze
May 30, 2007
I asked the manager of a Cingular store in a mall in Cleveland if they were doing a waiting list for the iPhone. She said they were not doing a waiting list because they were positive they'd be getting enough iPhones to meet demand. Hopefully this is true and we won't be seeing camp outs or big lines the day of release.

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
I asked the manager of a Cingular store in a mall in Cleveland if they were doing a waiting list for the iPhone. She said they were not doing a waiting list because they were positive they'd be getting enough iPhones to meet demand. Hopefully this is true and we won't be seeing camp outs or big lines the day of release.
Welcome to EIP!

This sounds like good news to me. I'm hoping every store will be selling them on a first come first serve basis.

MadDog31

Bronze
May 15, 2007
Wilmington, NC
www.bitterfans.com
Still makes me want to call the stores down here in Wilmington, NC to find out if they might know how many they're getting...they probably won't know until there's release date/order date details released, right?

I know they won't do a waiting list...they talked of doing that at first down here at one of the stores (there are like 4 Cingular stores in town) and having people put down 1/2 the cost as a deposit, but I can't see how they could operate that...and now that waiting lists have been "outlawed", there's no more of that talk. Now I'm just wondering of the order amount b/c I'd rather not camp. :-\

iphonenut

Bronze
May 17, 2007
i think a general rule of thumb at this point...especially with cingular stores is that they know NOTHING.

we all know more than the avg. employee/store manager.

i did a quick survey of two cingular stores in my area yesterday (i swore i wouldn't do it but i couldn't resist) and i couldn't have received two more incorrect answers.

store #1: the iPhone is being released on the 15th. me: how do you know. him: that's what is says on the internet. me: is this an internal email from corporate? him: no, that's what the internet says.

store #2: yeah, the iPhone is actually on backorder until september. me: where did you hear this from? her: there was an order made in JANUARY and we won't receive any until september. at this point i knew she didn't have the faintest idea what she was talking about.

moral of the story?: wait until an OFFICIAL announcement is made. these local people know nothing.

rpbphoto

May 10, 2007
Another Cingular saleman with no clue

I went in to a local Cingular store today and they said that it was delayed til September. They just do not have a clue. After the Engadget slip up I seriously doubt that there will be any delay. I do not want to see my Apple stock take a dive.

RB

mav

Bronze
May 9, 2007
Recently an AT&T store employee told me that ONLY AT&T stores will be selling the iPhone, not even the Apple stores or Apple.com will be selling them. HAHAHA

joe

Gold
May 5, 2007
store #1: the iPhone is being released on the 15th. me: how do you know. him: that's what is says on the internet. me: is this an internal email from corporate? him: no, that's what the internet says.
That was good! Sounds like an episode from Fairly Odd Parents. :laugh2:

hoits2000

Bronze
Mar 15, 2007
Does everyone know what a cingular/ATT store is. The only reliable ones are the corporate stores. We have one near my house and one in IL. Your everyday "mom and pop" "cingular/ATT" stores don't know anything.

robhon

Silver
Mar 17, 2007
i think a general rule of thumb at this point...especially with cingular stores is that they know NOTHING.

we all know more than the avg. employee/store manager.

i did a quick survey of two cingular stores in my area yesterday (i swore i wouldn't do it but i couldn't resist) and i couldn't have received two more incorrect answers.

store #2: yeah, the iPhone is actually on backorder until september. me: where did you hear this from? her: there was an order made in JANUARY and we won't receive any until september. at this point i knew she didn't have the faintest idea what she was talking about.

moral of the story?: wait until an OFFICIAL announcement is made. these local people know nothing.
Don't you just love how people have to sound authoritative even if they know nothing? What's wrong with a simple, "I'm not really sure" once-in-a-while? <sigh>

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
Don't you just love how people have to sound authoritative even if they know nothing? What's wrong with a simple, "I'm not really sure" once-in-a-while? <sigh>
Well they want to present a knowledgeable expertise on the cell phone industry and that's hard to do in this case. Remember, they're trying to be someone's cell phone representative.

robhon

Silver
Mar 17, 2007
Well they want to present a knowledgeable expertise on the cell phone industry and that's hard to do in this case. Remember, they're trying to be someone's cell phone representative.
Yeah, I guess I usually trust the person who gives me an honest answer rather than a wrong answer. The only problem is, you have to already know the answer to know if they are giving you an honest or wrong answer. :p

iphonenut

Bronze
May 17, 2007
Yeah, I guess I usually trust the person who gives me an honest answer rather than a wrong answer. The only problem is, you have to already know the answer to know if they are giving you an honest or wrong answer. :p
right! i guess i wanted to get some sort of idea as to whether they do know something...maybe the "mis'-information is consistent. turns out they were polar opposites...one said the 15th, one said backorder until Sept.

if they told me "hey, i know as much as you, but here's my card and i'll let you know as soon as i know anything" i would feel a lot better about it.

May 31, 2007
I checked with an Apple store here in Dallas and they said they know nothing. They expect to all be called into a mandatory store meeting and learn how to rearrange their store to accommodate what will probably be a huge display/demo area. Announcements will made publicly at that point. I heard a rumor of overnight lines of people camping out for the release day. I expect ordering online via Apple.com will be the easiest way to go with only a delay of a day or two tops.

jwnorris

May 31, 2007
Corporate stores

Does everyone know what a cingular/ATT store is. The only reliable ones are the corporate stores. We have one near my house and one in IL. Your everyday "mom and pop" "cingular/ATT" stores don't know anything.
You are correct and this is really something to watch out for. In the days of Cingular, it was easy to identify the corporate stores - they had an Orange Ball on the door or the window near the door. Look for it.

J W
:cool:

the PHDs

Bronze
May 21, 2007
Hey all,

I have 2 things to say:

1) here in Long Island, New York, all my friends are not interested in the iPhone and i am not hearing many people talk about it. More shocking, when i bring it up, some people have never even heard of it! could this be good news for me or is that just no big deal....also there are like 5 cingular stores and an Apple store all no longer then 30 min from my house. i guess im just lucky....
2) Does anyone have an email address to cingular and/or Apple to contact them..

get back to me on those please
Thanks ;)