Went to a Cingular/AT&T store in Cleveland.. asked about Waiting List

ebrunn

Silver
Feb 6, 2007
Minneapolis
If I end up having to go to a ATT store and am in line then people show up that are "on the list" and try to get in front of me, I think I might kill someone.

joe

Gold
May 5, 2007
Well, shortages didn't seem to hurt the Wii. They still don't have enough, but it's getting rave reviews.
I don't know. It seems it would hurt their market share. Apple has had shortages almost every time a new product comes out and lasts a couple months. I think that has hurt their ability for folks to adopt their products. Kinda hard to become a Mac owner if you can't buy it. So I'm hoping the iPhone will indeed be different and plenty available.

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
I don't know. It seems it would hurt their market share. Apple has had shortages almost every time a new product comes out and lasts a couple months. I think that has hurt their ability for folks to adopt their products. Kinda hard to become a Mac owner if you can't buy it. So I'm hoping the iPhone will indeed be different and plenty available.
Mac share suffers certainly, but iPod share dominates. Because this is a brand new product with zero share currently, I don't think it can do anything but increase.

joe

Gold
May 5, 2007
Mac share suffers certainly, but iPod share dominates. Because this is a brand new product with zero share currently, I don't think it can do anything but increase.
Of course! There's only one way to go: up. But I meant that if they could sell 50K the first week but only make 10K available, that's going to hurt them.