Were never getting our updates. Must read!

ucla24

Bronze
Aug 17, 2007
The iPhone is awesome as it stands. I would love to receive updates to make it even better. HOWEVER, I bought the phone knowing it's limitations and still love it. No one forced anyone to purchase one. Stop crying and get over it. Enough with the bashing, Steve stepped up. Don't hold your breath waiting for Bill Gates to do the same.:laugh2:

minivini

Bronze
Jul 6, 2007
tangible |?tanj?b?l| adjective perceptible by touch : the atmosphere of neglect and abandonment was almost tangible. • clear and definite; real : the emphasis is now on tangible results. noun (usu. tangibles) a thing that is perceptible by touch.

Tangible is a nice big word, but not appropriate here while trying to check someone about their opinion. I've never been able to touch one of my opinions or posts here. I'm just saying.
You're right. If he'd said tangible evidence instead of "...tangible argument", it would have worked grammatically.

It's a shame that word play, grammar, and spelling are quickly becoming lost art forms - though, in this case, it's a comparatively minor offense.

nioted

Jul 21, 2007
Totally disagree with the OP. If you look at the home screen of the iPhone, you see there is space for 4 more icons. One if which will be the iTunes wifi. If Apple wasn't going to release more updates and programs for the iPhone, why would they leave all the space for four more icons. They could have just simply spaced out the icons more to fill up the empty space or created bigger icons from the beginning so there would be no empty space in the on screen.

empath3000

Jul 7, 2007
I disagree with the OP. I think you have to show a little bit of patience. There are a few factors at work here. First is the fact that Apple just rolled out it's largest slate of media players yet, just 2 months after they debuted their first cell phone platform, and with a major OS update still to come. As much as we each want various new features that appeal to us, I don't think it makes a ton of sense to expect Apple to come through with these things so quickly, especially since Jobs probably thinks the iPhone status quo is pretty darn good the way it is. Second is the fact that the iPhone's features represent what Apple thought was most important to be installed at launch. A lot of the features that people are clamoring for are important to some, but unimportant to others. MMS? Doesn't interest me, but it appeals to my little cousin. Flash support? I'd love it, but a lot of people just don't care. Apple is going to have to make decisions about what features they think are important to add, and they sure as hell aren't going to be able to please everyone.

I think we'll see a dribble of new functions in the coming year (not coming weeks). My guess is that some will come when the new OS X update comes along. Plus, while it might not have come in a form that pleases you, the ringtones thing is a major feature update that people have been screaming for.

Patience, grasshopper.;)

ATT*Mark

Bronze
Jul 7, 2007
i encourage disagrement. thats what makes the posts interesting. However, you are required to back yourself up with some sort of tangible and logical argument.

shouldnt you back up your own argument? the phones been out 2 months and has already had 2 minor updates . give me a break.... if they rushed out an update you would complain , if they take their time making a very good large update you would complain. anything worth while takes time.

minivini

Bronze
Jul 6, 2007
It's important to remember that the iPhone (and derivitives) are in their infancy. Also important is the fact that the majority of things we all want are software limitations - Flash implementation, file management, MMS, serial bluetooth functionality, etc.

Frankly, I'm anxious to see whether the Touch acts more like the iPhone or more like the iPod as far as storage. I can transfer RAW image files to my iPod, but not my iPhone. If the touch can do this, the iPhone can, too - at least with a software update. Then it's just a matter of time before I can transfer those files via WiFi to my external HD at home through the internet. This is useful technology!

JKD

Bronze
Aug 16, 2007
I disagree almost entirely.

Apple has a track record of improving and bug fixing both it's hardware and software products with and without revenue generators. I'm not saying the iPhone is or isn't a little different at this point but:

The iPhone release date was pushed back in order for them to get to a realtively stable, working 1.0.0 of the software. In 2 months we have seen 2 updates with added functionality and improved stability.

Give 'em a little more time folks.

EDIT: To those who've said new features could be tied to Leopard (a revenue generator)..how is that going to work for Windows users? New features have to be tied to iTunes/Quicktime or functionality they can replicate in the Windows software too.

prmdbr

Bronze
Jul 29, 2007
I disagree almost entirely.

Apple has a track record of improving and bug fixing both it's hardware and software products with and without revenue generators. I'm not saying the iPhone is or isn't a little different at this point but:

The iPhone release date was pushed back in order for them to get to a realtively stable, working 1.0.0 of the software. In 2 months we have seen 2 updates with added functionality and improved stability.

Give 'em a little more time folks.
She caught a midnight train goin' an-y-wheeeeere

DON'T STOP - BELIEVIN'

prmdbr

Bronze
Jul 29, 2007
I still love you, even if your a mean person.

LOVE YOU!

IIIIIIIII LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOVVVVVVVVVVEEEEEEEEEEE

U!

You'll have to excuse my posting. I'm really just having fun now, this whole iPhone businesss has been become so absurd. I mean:

- iDay
- 4Gb
- 8GB
- $499.00
- $599.00
- Series 5 screens suck
- Series 7 screens suck
- 1.01 update out!
- 1.01 update does nothing
- jailbreak works
- jailbreak breaks
- how do I get jailbreak to work
- this forum
- being banned
- being reinstated
- 1.02 update out!
- 1.02 update does nothing
- Apple media event
- iPhone 8Gb 399.00

*GASP!

At this point, all I can do invoke my spry wit and have fun at the expense of all this todo, because it is just that, todo. In 3 years, history will not be kind to this iPhone, perhaps even scribing it as the second coming of the Newton.

What's left to say, really? Othe than most people holding an iPhone at the moment is feeling some sense of dissapointment; whether they WANT to admit it, or not.

All I know is that, in many ways, the iPhone really is a crummy device. Not because of any engineering shortcoming, but because it is the eventuality of hype and pretense and ultimately, denial.

And in the end, that sh*t is just too funny for words. LOL.

krossmusic

Bronze
Aug 29, 2007
New York City
You'll have to excuse my posting. I'm really just having fun now, this whole iPhone businesss has been become so absurd. I mean:

- iDay
- 4Gb
- 8GB
- $499.00
- $599.00
- Series 5 screens suck
- Series 7 screens suck
- 1.01 update out!
- jailbreak works
- jailbreak breaks
- this forum
- being banned
- being reinstated
- 1.02 update out!
- Apple media event
- iPhone 8Gb 399.00

*GASP!

At this point, all I can do invoke my spry wit and have fun at the expense of all this todo, because it is just that, todo. In 3 years, history will not be kind to this iPhone, perhaps even scribing it as the second coming of the Newton.

What's left to say, really? Othe than most people holding an iPhone at the moment is feeling some sense of dissapointment; whether they WANT to admit it, or not.

All I know is that, in many ways, the iPhone really is a crummy device. Not because of any engineering shortcoming, but because it is the eventuality of hype and pretense and ultimately, denial.

While I don't totally agree with all you have said, I do understand and I too kind sir, father of the dark forces agree in some part to what has be said.

outie

Jul 5, 2007
You never know. Which company ever offered compensation for a technology item price drop? It simply means Apple still cares about us and listens to our needs =)

minivini

Bronze
Jul 6, 2007

- iDay
- 4Gb
- 8GB
- $499.00
- $599.00
- Series 5 screens suck
- Series 7 screens suck
- 1.01 update out!
- jailbreak works
- jailbreak breaks
- this forum
- being banned
- being reinstated
- 1.02 update out!
- Apple media event
- iPhone 8Gb 399.00

*GASP!

Wow - talk about a diatribe.

Are you using an iPhone currently?

I personally feel no sense of disappointment, and frankly I have a lot more serious issues to be in denial about! I've used virtually all the smartphones available in the US (with the exception of the BlackBerry line - and PLEASE no arguing semantics regarding the iPhone being a smartphone), and the iPhone is a better all around device than the rest IN MY OPINION. Please, if you're going to lump all of us together in the future, you'll have leave me out of it as I disagree strongly with your statement.

krossmusic

Bronze
Aug 29, 2007
New York City
Wow - talk about a diatribe.

Are you using an iPhone currently?

I personally feel no sense of disappointment, and frankly I have a lot more serious issues to be in denial about! I've used virtually all the smartphones available in the US (with the exception of the BlackBerry line - and PLEASE no arguing semantics regarding the iPhone being a smartphone), and the iPhone is a better all around device than the rest IN MY OPINION. Please, if you're going to lump all of us together in the future, you'll have leave me out of it as I disagree strongly with your statement.
If God could talk he'd speak through you my light beyond all darkness. My KOTOR 1.

Always with love,

Ikross

guest 5

Bronze
Jul 5, 2007

- iDay
- 4Gb
- 8GB
- $499.00
- $599.00
- Series 5 screens suck
- Series 7 screens suck
- 1.01 update out!
- jailbreak works
- jailbreak breaks
- this forum
- being banned
- being reinstated
- 1.02 update out!
- Apple media event
- iPhone 8Gb 399.00

*GASP!

I completely agree with you! This is exactly how the attitude has been from the release of iPhone. It's amazing and funny. HAHAHA