Weren’t we supposed to get an update after the new OS came out?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

tdefriez

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
Apple promised nothing

I thought that there was supposed to be a new update after the big release of OS X?
Why did you think this? Because some of the Apple things, since removed, suggested more functionality with Leopard - they did not actual state clearly there would be a update or what it would contain. I hope for an update so we can sync notes etc (haven't got it to work yet) but it will come at a cost - no jailbreak etc.

greenjbhsd

Silver
Jul 13, 2007
There was a lot of speculation but nothing stated from Apple. People were banking on something about the architecture of the new OS and the fact that it was not released was preventing some major update to the phone and that once that update occurred the phone would receive a big update shortly after.

gcvt

Zealot
Gold
Jun 21, 2007
San Francisco
Apple is probably working too hard on bricking 1.1.1 unlocked phones and squashing personal freedoms to work on a new (good) update for us ;)

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Knew this would come up eventually.

As posted above, the only connection Apple ever made between the iPhone and Leopard was Notes and Tasks syncing.

doron

Zealot
Gold
Apr 17, 2007
tampa, FL
...yeah i'm defintely lkn fwrd to the next update...it stated in my iPhone summary on iTunes that it would chk for an update by 11/6...

minivini

Bronze
Jul 6, 2007
...yeah i'm defintely lkn fwrd to the next update...it stated in my iPhone summary on iTunes that it would chk for an update by 11/6...
If you'll notice, the "next update" date changes every time you sync. It means absolutely NOTHING. Apple has not and likely will not announce updates in advance - short of something like the "brick" disclaimer they made shortly before the last update.

Juego

Jun 23, 2007
I thought with the leopard release there were going to update so users like my self on a 64bit O/s could actually use our home computers to finally update and sync? That's truly what I'm waiting for...:(

edwinsail

Sep 10, 2007
San Francisco Bay Area
I, too, recall reading that an update would be available my 11/1/07, tomorrow. It's disappointing that this phone has been out for as long (in computer time) as it has and still no significant updates. I'd at least like to be able to move the order of my "Favorites" in my phone contact list. And the addition of the dumb "iTunes" icon on the home page is totally useless.

thesaint

Bronze
Jul 9, 2007
DFW
It's disappointing that this phone has been out for as long (in computer time) as it has and still no significant updates.
Did any of us sign a contract with Apple that they have to come up with updates every now and then? Is it that impossible for us live with what we have? I do understand that some basic stuffs have been missing and its available in many other cheap phones; however, do other phones have the features as iPhone? Guess we need to provide Apple sometime to come up with the updates and not rush anything.

deac

Bronze
Jun 29, 2007
I, too, recall reading that an update would be available my 11/1/07, tomorrow. It's disappointing that this phone has been out for as long (in computer time) as it has and still no significant updates. I'd at least like to be able to move the order of my "Favorites" in my phone contact list. And the addition of the dumb "iTunes" icon on the home page is totally useless.
as far as moving the Favorites, mine has been able to do that since the update that came out on 6/29/07

Juego

Jun 23, 2007
Did any of us sign a contract with Apple that they have to come up with updates every now and then? Is it that impossible for us live with what we have? I do understand that some basic stuffs have been missing and its available in many other cheap phones; however, do other phones have the features as iPhone? Guess we need to provide Apple sometime to come up with the updates and not rush anything.
I do agree with you on the part we should deal with what we have but I do feel Apple dropped the Ball in not allowing us to access websites with Flash. All the commercials did claim this is the "Real Internet" not some water downed version. Update Flash and allow users with 64 bit O/s to use the iPhone normally and I have no complaints I love the phone very much. I do think it is necessary to update flash and the O/s issue.

gijohn

Bronze
Jul 22, 2007
edwinsail ...... you can change the order of your Favorites very easily.

Go to your favorites list, select the EDIT button (top left) and you'll see 3 horizontal bars on the right side of the screen for each entry. Hold and drag one of your favorites to a different position.

Simple huh?

And what don't you like about the iTunes icon? What do you mean by useless?