West Coast Outage

mcaram16

Silver
Jul 26, 2007
Long Island, NY
Anyone who was affected by the outage on the west coast this morning or last night whenever it was...are you seeing better 3G performance after the outage?

eye-Fone

Zealot
Gold
Jul 5, 2008
Sunny, southern California.
Fast 3G yesterday while tethered

Anyone who was affected by the outage on the west coast this morning or last night whenever it was...are you seeing better 3G performance after the outage?
I'm in southern California and didn't experience any 3G outage yesterday. In fact, yesterday, I finally got around to hooking up NetShare on my iPhone since I was at a client and didn't have traditional access to the internet from my laptop. Once I got it connected via 3G, I was experiencing very acceptable bandwidth (760 Kbps download and 324 Kbps upload), all day long.

Last edited by a moderator:

i robot

Silver
Jan 29, 2008
The west coast of where? There's more than one country in the world:p

Here in Galway the coverage was great!

mcaram16

Silver
Jul 26, 2007
Long Island, NY
I'm in southern California and didn't experience any 3G outage yesterday. In fact, yesterday, I finally got around to hooking up NetShare on my iPhone since I was at a client and didn't have traditional access to the internet from my laptop. Once I got it connected via 3G, I was experiencing very acceptable bandwidth (760 Kbps download and 324 Kbps upload), all day long.

is netshare still available? did you get it in the app store?

Last edited by a moderator:

i robot

Silver
Jan 29, 2008
haha sorry about that west coast US!
No worries just bored and trying to be a smarty pants! I'd rather be on the west coast of the US right now as the weather here is of doomsday proportions:mad: Thoughts of Noah and Arc come to mind.

mcaram16

Silver
Jul 26, 2007
Long Island, NY
No worries just bored and trying to be a smarty pants! I'd rather be on the west coast of the US right now as the weather here is of doomsday proportions:mad: Thoughts of Noah and Arc come to mind.

where are you?

eye-Fone

Zealot
Gold
Jul 5, 2008
Sunny, southern California.
is netshare still available? did you get it in the app store?
It's not from the App Store any more. I was lucky enough to have downloaded it from there the second time it appeared.

I have heard that it is available for jailbroken phones via bit-torrent or other sites.

Witness

Zealot
Gold
Jun 18, 2007
Miami,Florida
I would edit that link out before a mod sees it, I don't want you to get banned.

tamakin

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
The outage in the LA area only last a couple hours. From like 11pm-1am.