Wet Finger = No Good.

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Alexander

Zealot
Gold
Jun 28, 2007
Atlanta
While I was shaving just now, my phone rang with an important call I had been waiting for all morning. I run to my iPhone with wet hands and it says "slide to answer", but when I tried sliding it'd slide ALMOST slide all the way but then it'd slide back to the beginning! I tried consecutively four times until I had to wipe my hands all over my bed to get it to answer.

Oh, how my iPhone teases me! :mad:

captain4004

Bronze
May 2, 2007
Charleston SC
While I was shaving just now, my phone rang with an important call I had been waiting for all morning. I run to my iPhone with wet hands and it says "slide to answer", but when I tried sliding it'd slide ALMOST slide all the way but then it'd slide back to the beginning! I tried consecutively four times until I had to wipe my hands all over my bed to get it to answer.

You iPhone abuser, shame on you:(

TrippalHealicks

Gold
Mar 2, 2007

This is a funny story.

wjp09

Zealot
Gold
Feb 25, 2007
NJ
my iPhone has done this when its in the horizontal position LOL it seems as if gravity is bringing the slider back

A

andres823

I have the same problem, but this is all the time. To be able to unlock it I actually need to press the only button and then slide my finger. It sucks. Could it be that my iPhone is defective?

Alexander

Zealot
Gold
Jun 28, 2007
Atlanta
my iPhone has done this when its in the horizontal position LOL it seems as if gravity is bringing the slider back
HAHA the iPhone's only weakness; gravity and water!

And to the other poster - touching the iPhone screen with a wet finger probably wouldn't harm anything annything. It didn't for me at least.

Lastly, I didn't want to make a new subject for this - but has any one had a friend name their iPhone..? My friend named mine Pete... =/

Alexander

Zealot
Gold
Jun 28, 2007
Atlanta
I have the same problem, but this is all the time. To be able to unlock it I actually need to press the only button and then slide my finger. It sucks. Could it be that my iPhone is defective?
Well I mean the slide to unlock thing is a feature...It's kind of like locking the key pad on a regular mobile phone.