What a stupid mistake.

May 6, 2007
United States
I just updated to 2.0 and in a rush I neglected to read the note stating that the update would delete all photos, music, etc. I do not have photos backed up on this computer, nor do I have notes or anything.

Of course all of it is gone, and every one of my hundreds of photos is left with no backup. I realize I should have backed them up, and I am feeling stupid at the moment.

I am not really asking for help, I just thought I would share with you that my start to 2.0 has not been great at all. Of course I am very disappointed as I have spent hours taking shots.

Anyways, at least I will have the new update soon.

guest4

Bronze
Mar 27, 2008
Uhh, restore after this finishes. Assuming you did backup before you started or sometime recently. Then make a backup, and re-update.

May 6, 2007
United States
You're right, sorry. I was a little bit anxious at the time of posting. I went back and checked and I will restore. Thanks.

jimwarden

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
Uhh, restore after this finishes. Assuming you did backup before you started or sometime recently. Then make a backup, and re-update.
How do you make a backup of notes and SMS messages?

jimwarden

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
iTunes creates a backup of everything, right down to the page you were viewing in Safari t the time of the backup.
So as long as we sync our iPhone before we update to 2.0 we are OK?
Thanks, Jim

guest4

Bronze
Mar 27, 2008
Yes. Cause I did the same exact thing. But I've done it a thousand times before. The only reason I got upset was cause I had to waste another half-hour or so! >=[

May 6, 2007
United States
Yes. Cause I did the same exact thing. But I've done it a thousand times before. The only reason I got upset was cause I had to waste another half-hour or so! >=[
I agree. Though I fixed it after a little retracing and such, it was a waste of time and it shouldn't have happened. I will now be sure to back everything up often.

The only problem to me now is that I lost all of my music. I will re-upload on my other computer.

spazzman90

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007

Done 2 so far. You don't have to do anything except make sure you have enough room on the hard drive to make a total backup. On one of the computers, there wasn't enough room. It wanted 600 megs and said if I wanted to continue, personal information would be lost (pics, notes, contacts).

I stopped the installation and cleared some room. Everything went ok. The only thing it didn't transfer so far that I have noticed is settings for passcode.

-Jeff

phsycology

Zealot
Gold
Dec 29, 2007
Bolton, United Kingdom
Done 2 so far. You don't have to do anything except make sure you have enough room on the hard drive to make a total backup. On one of the computers, there wasn't enough room. It wanted 600 megs and said if I wanted to continue, personal information would be lost (pics, notes, contacts).

I stopped the installation and cleared some room. Everything went ok. The only thing it didn't transfer so far that I have noticed is settings for passcode.

-Jeff
Didn't copy over my alarms, or my ringtone preference.....which aren't really big problems lol.

cdinca

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
Didn't copy my emai (from pop server)l, but everything else was fine.

rmfnla

Bronze
I did the update over the weekend and haven't noticed anything missing.

Photos, notes, special rings; all where I left them.

I sync fairly often but I do so manually; did iTunes do a backup and reload during the update process?