What am I missing?

Discussion in 'iPhone Jailbreak' started by fishert16, Jan 21, 2012.

1. fishert16

fishert16 New Member

Im trying to gain root access to my jailbroken iPhone 4s. I have used many programs on my mac, PhoneDisk, Iexplorer, and CyberDuck and even iFile does not give me access.

I have downloaded openssh, turned it on via sbsettings. What am I missing? Im sure its something dumb, it seems when I googled it that people with this issue are missing bad subsystems and I noticed that it is not in my downloads in cydia?

Do we still use that these days I have been out of the loop for a while?

2. iphonewarrior

iphonewarrior Moderator

Curious. What does iFile display when you launch it on a jailbroken iPhone 4S?

3. fishert16

fishert16 New Member

It displays just has it always has, except I'm not allowed to access the root? Is this normal?

4. iphonewarrior

iphonewarrior Moderator

You should be able to access root on your iPhone 4S. Have you installed Mobile Terminal?

5. fishert16

fishert16 New Member

Is mobile terminal required? I don't remember it being required in the past?

6. iphonewarrior

iphonewarrior Moderator

It isn't required. You can use commands in Terminal which will open SSH connections etc. Plus you can browse your file system through Terminal as well.

7. fishert16

fishert16 New Member

Does anyone have any suggestions to this problem? I have restored and jailbroken again with absinthe and I am still unable to gain access to root via any of the current programs. I can access root via mobile terminal though I'm not well versed in using terminal to move items.

Anyone else with a 4s having these issues?